Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Commando Krav Maga / CKM / Moni Aizik

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 309 total)
  • Author
    kior

Re: Commando Krav Maga / CKM / Moni Aizik

quote BradM:

“I’ll say this for the KMWW forum – they let us have this discussion in the open. On the CKM forum you can’t post without it being approved by a moderator.”

There have been a lot of posts deleted on this forum and there have been people denied from posting from time to time. Is that not a form of moderator approval and control?

Yes of course it is. But it’s a significantly better situation than the CKM forum where every post is screened before it shows up. As I said, we’re allowed to discuss the merits of CKM and various systems here. That discussion would not happen on the CKM forum at all.

bien

How many black belts are there in Krav Maga?

mara-jade

Welcome to the forum!

Dunno for sure but I know the owner of my center, Pete Hardy is one of them.

vinman

quote Bien:

How many black belts are there in Krav Maga?

is that a trick question ???

unstpabl1

It’s interesting and important that this thread stayed open. I haven’t posted here in over 6 months, but every time I check back here there is a new thread. the reason its important is that so many of moni’s online claims have disappeared from the net as new info came out. Stuff that I remember from years ago have been deleted, but that doesn’t mean they didn’t exist.

Whether moni is a great teacher or teaches something of great value becomes a mute point once the first white lie is exposed. Integrity becomes an issue and the reasons why lame. Once we tell a lie and someone exposes it, then we never know if we can believe that person again. We always question their integrity.. Self promotion is an important aspect of business, but the lies in the end will destroy all the good you may have created.

be Well. Have a great 2009

Mike

mara-jade

Dang Mike, wondered where you went off to..Nice to see you back:wav:

unstpabl1

quote mara_jade:

Dang Mike, wondered where you went off to..Nice to see you back:wav:

hey MJthumbsup Hope you and your hubby are doing well. Glad to see your still welcoming the newbies. Happy New Year

mara-jade

Oh we’re doing ok – Hubby and I had our 17th wedding anniversary New Year’s. Our center moved to an over 21,000 sq foot area and it’s friggin awesome!thumbsup Take care :wav:

unstpabl1

quote mara_jade:

Oh we’re doing ok – Hubby and I had our 17th wedding anniversary New Year’s. Our center moved to an over 21,000 sq foot area and it’s friggin awesome!thumbsup Take care :wav:

:OhMy: Congratulations. Thats awesomethumbsup I thought you were 23

mara-jade

I friggin wish..try 42:D:

kmky

quote mara_jade:

Congratulations.

mara-jade

Thank ya much – didn’t intend to hijack this thread

Well, I’m relatively new to the KM world and Ive read a lot about the different organizations using the Krav Maga name in the US. I actually have a lot to say so I hope you all can bare with me. I’ve taken some Krav Maga and some CKM. I like both very much and, contrary to what some have said here, i feel that they do complement one another. “take what works, discard the rest…” I know ive heard that somewhere before. By no means am I an expert on this subject but I feel that I can at least bring an outside opinion.First I’d like to say that I am embarrassed to see martial artists go back and forth at each others styles and/or founders. It makes us look like immature children arguing over who is better or who is legitimate who is a liar etc. I’ve seen a few of the posters on this thread (notably psyops) on other forums doing nothing but speaking poorly of Moni and other instructors. Itís this kind of behavior that has made the world see us in a negative light.

Here’s something I read a while back about KM and the different organizations:
    “…every group hates each other. KMWW and KMF claim that their founder was Lichtenfeldís chosen successor and the recipient of privileged knowledge about Krav Maga. They both also claim that they have kept Lichtenfeldís system intact while expanding upon it. But they tend to suggest their rivals have bastardized the form ó even going so far as to argue that at least some of the others are shysters trying to exploit the Krav Maga boom. CKM and their founder claim that he helped change the system. In the end itís about money and clientele. It’s all about the buisness no matter what any of them say.”

Pretty sad huh? Not exactly the light I think we should be seen in. Here’s the bottom line:

On one side I see a guy who:
    1-is accused of lying/exaggerating/fabricating about his military service.
    2is accused of promising his students the moon, with expensive, geographic franchises and BIG bucks. Then not delivering.
    3-removed certain claims from his website supposedly due to the inability to prove them
    4-etc…..

On the other side I see a guy who:
    1-has taken legal action against his own friend and teacher because he feels that he should be the only one allowed to use the term “Krav Maga”
    2-is also accused of promising his students the moon, with expensive, geographic franchises and BIG bucks. Then not delivering.
    3-signs Imi’s name on his student’s diplomas
    4-claims his system is about saving lives yet his students make comments like “I walk down dark alleys knowing that even though I may not win, at least ill still hurt the guy.”
    5-etc…..

So both have been questionable in their integrity……so what! Theyíre buisness men doing what businessmen do. Trying to ensure the survival of their business. One thing that is NOT questionable is THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THEIR TECHNIQUES! Both systems have excellent techniques that work in a variety of situations. Yet, instead of trying to create a better relationship between each other I see MANY “martial artist” here spend more time HIPOCRITICALLY bashing the founder of an “opposing” organization.

I will also point out that I have yet to find these kinds of threads on the CKM or IKMF forums. And you all here know as well as I do that there is plenty of Darren bashing that can be done, as I have only listed a few things.

Please forgive my long post, I am very passionate about training and when I see this childish behavior it makes me sick to my stomach. Letís not focus so much on each otherís founderís business practices and focus more on training and learning from one another.

PS.
    KARATE, KUNG-FU, CAPOEIRA, MUAY-THAI all have a generic meaning for a plethora of different styles. Try telling one of them that they shouldnít use their name anymore because it’s not how the style was originally created.

psyops

Since you were so kind to point out that I “bash” Moni and other teachers. Do tell. What “other teachers” have I “bashed”? You should read up on the Psyops a little more (LOL.. I love the third person reference). I bash Moni because he lies. I also have openly been critical of KMWW specifically as it relates to the lawsuit. I have trained with both Darren and Eyal. Have you? I am certified with both organizations. Are you? I have intimate knowledge of conversations that have transpired at meetings behind closed doors with individuals from both organizations. I have privately and openly campaigned for a meeting between Eyal and Darren going so far as to offer my own school and home for a meeting place. Call David Kahn and ask him about Psyops! Call John Whitman and ask him if I am a straight shooter. Call Eyal and ask him if I’m honest.

Who are you? WTF have you done? You come on this site with your sanctimonious attitude lecturing me about bashing other teachers and martial artists? State your case Mike. Name the organization that you belong to. Are you one of Moni’s stooges? Until you have walked where I have walked and made the attempts to bridge the gaps that I have done you should sit quietly and keep your mouth shut. You might learn something. In other words “Stay out of grown folks business”.

Keep my name out of your mouth if you are only going to select certain elements of my posts. Yeah its true I am not a supporter of the liar Moni Aizik, Issac, or which ever alias he is using now. Come on now Mike! Don’t play yourself like this. Speak up. Let us know what organization you belong to. You want to come in here and bad mouth Darren? You run your mouth about lawsuits that you so obviously know so little about. Again, you are new to this and it shows.

So let’s get it.

vinman

quote Psyops:

Since you were so kind to point out that I “bash” Moni and other teachers. Do tell. What “other teachers” have I “bashed”? You should read up on the Psyops a little more (LOL.. I love the third person reference). I bash Moni because he lies. I also have openly been critical of KMWW specifically as it relates to the lawsuit. I have trained with both Darren and Eyal. Have you? I am certified with both organizations. Are you? I have intimate knowledge of conversations that have transpired at meetings behind closed doors with individuals from both organizations. I have privately and openly campaigned for a meeting between Eyal and Darren going so far as to offer my own school and home for a meeting place. Call David Kahn and ask him about Psyops! Call John Whitman and ask him if I am a straight shooter. Call Eyal and ask him if I’m honest.

Who are you? WTF have you done? You come on this site with your sanctimonious attitude lecturing me about bashing other teachers and martial artists? State your case Mike. Name the organization that you belong to. Are you one of Moni’s stooges? Until you have walked where I have walked and made the attempts to bridge the gaps that I have done you should sit quietly and keep your mouth shut. You might learn something. In other words “Stay out of grown folks business”.

Keep my name out of your mouth if you are only going to select certain elements of my posts. Yeah its true I am not a supporter of the liar Moni Aizik, Issac, or which ever alias he is using now. Come on now Mike! Don’t play yourself like this. Speak up. Let us know what organization you belong to. You want to come in here and bad mouth Darren? You run your mouth about lawsuits that you so obviously know so little about. Again, you are new to this and it shows.

So let’s get it.

thumbsup

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 309 total)
  • The topic ‘Commando Krav Maga / CKM / Moni Aizik’ is closed to new replies.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: