Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Hey SENSEI ((!!!????)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    ffdo

Tiger

I have to say, you do make a very thoughtful and well stated post. I never have figured out how to use spell check on here myself and rarely take the time to cut my posts to word then back. After all that, I have to say that I think Thor now HAS to go to a class and see what it is like but I am not sure he should spar with you any time soon…….

Good luck, and welcome to the world on the web…..

JC

lor

Re:

G.V. ~ \”In our class, he’s just Bert, or instructor Bert if you must get technical.\”

I dig Bert. If he wanted us to address him as \”Super Colossal All Knowing Supreme Being Bert,\” I’d do it. Especially if it got me out of Lay Downs. 😛

ajdraco

Sensei

I also think THOR should go there and work out. I dont think he should spar with Sensei either. I think Thor might have more credability if he did go to the Dojo and work out for a while. It did sound like he had at least visited there. I wonder if that is true, why did he not stay and work out more? I can say from expierence, that Sensei never took me out like he could so easily do. He is not into beating someone half to death to prove himself. He would have applied enough to challenge you, not hurt you. I have said numerous times, I have grappled with Sensei for a long time, and he never took advantage of his superior skill, size or ability but gave me just enough resistance to help me get better. He even was humble enough to say that I almost beat him once or twice. (Yea, right). Also, JC, are you the JC I think that you are? When Sensei said that we all have better things to do, I dont think he meant it as a cut that we are here, simply that we could have choosen other venues for our time and the time we spend here should be taken serious.

g-v

Re:

quote \”Lor\:

G.V. ~ \”In our class, he’s just Bert, or instructor Bert if you must get technical.\”

I dig Bert. If he wanted us to address him as \”Super Colossal All Knowing Supreme Being Bert,\” I’d do it. Especially if it got me out of Lay Downs. 😛

Lor, what days do you go to krav class? Laydowns suck, but Eric’s spider and crab crawls suck yet more.

Bert has done some nasty *demonstration* moves on me, so yes…I’d call him whatever he wants. 😆

lor

Every week is different for me, as it depends on when my husband can get home from work on time. I try to aim for Mondays or Tuesdays though.

I like the one where we have to drag our lower body across the room using only our arms. 🙄 Haven’t done it in a while, thank God. *prays Eric doesn’t post on this forum*

The worst warm up I’ve had so far was with Shawn (Sean?). I think it sparked an asthma attack. 😆

rock

Thor, God of war???

I have a bigger problem with people that call themselves \”Thor\” a fictitious \”God of war\”. Look man, you’re being WAY too sensitive. You sound like one of those politically correct liberals that protests the \”In God We Trust\” on a dollar bill. Tell me you’re not, please! So what if there’s Bible scripture on his website…can a man not have a spiritual life and have that be the backbone of his company? It’s America and if you don’t like it, don’t train there. If you’re scared of some Bible verse, I can’t imagine how you’ll cope in battle on the streets. You can’t be that offended, really are you? I bet this reply is really steaming you then. Personally, as many other Kravists would agree, it’s nice to train somewhere with a man that has morals, values and spirituality ALONG with his record of training/fighting. When you flew fighter jets, did you ever say a prayer before going up? Any religious group, be Christian, Jews, Islam, etc, they all call upon that higher power in many facets of their lives…I am impressed when a business owner can be bold enough to state his position. Besides, I don’t imagine he’s using Krav Maga to get you in there and preach to you. Don’t be afraid. I have trained in College Station, TX & Houston before and had instructors that wore a Holy Cross on their necks. They never pushed religion on me. And if anything I respected their position in life more…they are the ones that don’t bow down to the politically correct asylum. As for the \”Sensei\” title, I think that’s pretty cool. You say you got sick of titles in the military and many of those who wanted to be called by titles didn’t deserve it….man, you have to give respect where it’s due and if this Sensei wants to be called by his title, he’s probably got a reason. I would imagine it has to do with years of training he’s invested in his multiple arts. Maybe after you get over your hang-ups and train for years, get instructor level, you might feel the same. Besides, it is a show of respect for the \”teacher\”, the \”Sensei\”. You probably did it from the time you were in Kindegarten, so why make a big deal now. Earn your belts and then walk in there and call him by his first name. It’s all structure man and that’s what makes a solid building. Look for more inspiration in the things you see out there and seek less those things that scare you. And hey, God bless ya!

tigerklay

WOW!!! Awesome repky Rock. And I’m saying that just because it seemed in my favor. Open mindedness creates education of all things, good and bad. I appreciate honest oppinions, and those who they come from. Have a good day everyone.

L’Onis

tigerklay

WOOOH THERE!!! SORRY, I meant \”I’M not saying that just because it seemed in my favor\”. Good thing I’m an MA instructor and not an English teacher.

anonymous

FFDO,

Just wait ’til I show you my #6 eye gouge. I’ll be happy to demonstrate, if you’re ever in town again….. 😈

ajdraco

WHAT? Your not an English teacher. GEEES! That string was a very good string. Like I said, quit acting like a professional victum. Doubt if Sensei is out to get you with his evil secret message from the Bible.

lor

To be fair, he did ask…

\”Help me out here guys. Am I over sensitive? Did I get a bad attitude somewhere along the line? Am I going to miss out on a great education because of it?\”

I think it’s great the whole thing has been hashed out, and to have the actual instructor in question address the issue is even better, but I don’t think it’s necessary to keep hitting him over the head with it.

A mistake was made and then corrected. If we’re lucky, we’ll all learn something from it. With that said, Welcome to the new posters on the board. 🙂

tigerklay

Ver insightful. I agree totally Lor. WOW…will you marry me? Just kidding. I can whole heartedly tell you guys, I have nothing against Thor for his oppinions. Believe it or not, he would still be able to train in my facility without hard feelings of any sort. Just as long as if another question arises ABOUT ME, I am asked so that I may give him an answer, instead of:

\”Help me out here guys. Am I over sensitive? Did I get a bad attitude somewhere along the line? Am I going to miss out on a great education because of it?\”.

He should have questioned me with this by e-mail at least, which he already had, as he was an inquiry to my facility by internet.

I believe there are no mistakes, only oppertunities for education.
    Thanks again’
    \”Zen Machine\” L’Onis
    Wow, hope I don’t get attacked again for having another title now…… (absolutely kidding BTW).
    Good day

lor

You’re absolutely right, Tiger. You’ve got no argument from me. 🙂 And I think it’s great that you hold no grudges.

Forgive me for budding in, guys. I really didn’t want to accidentally put my head in the Lion’s (or Tiger’s 😉 ) mouth. But I’m a softy, and I hate watching one person get piled on too much.

I’ll shut up and go back to my regularly scheduled surfing now. 😀

g-v

Enough of this lovefest already. *front kicks everyone in the crotch*

Bears lost…dammit! 😡

ffdo

I am just guessing here that thor could be a call sign. All combat pilots all have call signs. They aren’t picked but given to you in \”naming parties\” where the named pilots assign you a call sign based on your persona or skill or a major F-up. (Mine is Crack baby but I didn’t think that would me a good name for the forum…) So the thor thing might not be ego… Rock, you laid into him pretty well. Remember, he didn’t so much attack tiger as asked a general question.

Not sure if I am ‘the JC’ but have trained in Falls Church, KMLI, and WI in the states on somewhat various schedules, and trained in Netanya last summer if you know me from any of those throw me an email and say hey.

JC

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: