Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Welcome -cmon Introduce Yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 567 total)
  • Author
    fgandara

Re: Welcome -cmon Introduce Yourself

Hello Gabriel where did you join?

gabriel-rizk

I joined at the UMAC (Universal Martial Arts Centre) in Chino Hills. It’s off the 71 freeway.

sues

Hi Everyone, I just started in southern California, and am headed to my third class tonight. I’m already hooked! I joined so I could keep safe out there and not have to worry so much if the monsters find me. After reading about KM, I knew this was the one for me.

mara-jade

Gabriel & Sues – Welcome!

Feel free to look around and ask questions – that’s what the forum’s all aboutthumbsup

berkley

hi
    im from new jersey and im interested in training in krav maga

mara-jade

I welcomed ya on your other posted and gave an answer to your question:wav:

stolidog365

Good afternoon Krav world. I’m glad to finally be here. I enjoy reading everyones conversations, espescially the ones that are not to serious.:D:
    I’ve been training (getting my behind handed to me) at Krav Maga DFW for about 10 months now and it’s been some of the best 10 months I’ve had. Wish I woulda known about this 10 years ago. The confidence I’ve gained is tremendous but knowing that I still know little is humbling but makes you want more. I look forward to becoming a bigger part of the Krav world.

Steve

jesse

Welcome. Now if I can just talk my college buddy and his wife into starting there. I found out about those locations and have been trying to talk them into it for ages now. Well hrm…for a month and a half. I guess when you’re taking Krav it feels like ages. Some of the drills can slow the clock just like some of my college classes used to do.

anewlease

Hello from Charleston, SC! You can tell I’m new here b/c I started a new thread to say hi before I realized there was already one. Sorry about that.

A little about myself – I’m an almost 40 (in Nov.) year old, stay-at-home mom of two boys, four and two. In June our home was broken into while we were napping. I thought the noise I heard was my son getting up early, so when I opened the bedroom door, I confronted a man in the hall getting ready to enter their room. Fortunately my words (and they weren’t pretty) did enough to get him to run out, and I chased him until he jumped the fence and I couldn’t see him anymore. That got me thinking all the what if’s. I was recommended to Krav, took a seminar they offered one Saturday, and was hooked. I’m going into week 4 of a women’s only course, and then hubby and I are going to sign up together.

My friends think I’m a little crazy b/c this is rough stuff, but the empowerment I feel is amazing, and I love the workout. Routine exercises bore me. In fact, going into my first class I hadn’t exercised in years, and I made it though w/out throwing up! I finally found something that gets my attention. Guess I have a little “meanness” in me! I’ll never be a victim again. I just wish I could get some more friends on board, those fair Southern belles 🙂

Thanks for this forum. I’m looking forward to talking with everyone.

kvmorl

Welcome, I am also 0 for 4 signing up friends …..

Anonymous
    Inactive

My name is Luke, Ill be 19 in october and I love martial arts more than anything, save my girlfriend. I want to be an instructor for my career. I am 6 foot nearly 300lbs. I am a 1st degree black belt in Taekwondo. It saddens me because as much as I enjoy it I cant help but lament that forms and and 8 mins of sparring just arent doing it for me. I do not wish to sound vain but most of the students in my martial arts school are not challenging. There are few things more wasteful of a 2 min round of free sparring than the other person not even entering a 6 foot radius of you.

Anyway, Outside of that. I work at best buy and plan on attending college in the spring. Like most im strained on money but otherwise happy. Hows your day?

kvmorl

quote Ataraxic89:

My name is Luke, Ill be 19 in october and I love martial arts more than anything, save my girlfriend. I want to be an instructor for my career. I am 6 foot nearly 300lbs. I am a 1st degree black belt in Taekwondo. It saddens me because as much as I enjoy it I cant help but lament that forms and and 8 mins of sparring just arent doing it for me. I do not wish to sound vain but most of the students in my martial arts school are not challenging. There are few things more wasteful of a 2 min round of free sparring than the other person not even entering a 6 foot radius of you.

Anyway, Outside of that. I work at best buy and plan on attending college in the spring. Like most im strained on money but otherwise happy. Hows your day?

Are you currently training in KravMaga?

ueno-sdi

Hello All!

My name is Joe Ueno from Jakarta Indonesia, I’m a student and instructor of Carl Halley’s Tactical Krav Maga which is based in Australia.

I have been studying Krav Maga for two years and during a course in Thailand I had the privilege to meet Mr Itay Gil who helped polish some of the finer details in Krav’s disarming techniques in addition to meeting more Krav Maga students from all around the world.

As a long time and lifelong martial artist (karate, taekwondo, jiujitsu, judo, sambo, silat and now krav maga) I can say from my experience that Krav Maga does a great job in providing a robust syllabus vis-a-vis self defense or self protection.

Nice to meet you all

Salam pendekar dan salam kesatria
    (Warrior’s Honor and warrior’s code)

Ueno

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes I am but only from Complete Krav Maga, I have no schools in over a 100 mile radius of this city. Not for krav maga anyway. I can learn from the book. Im pretty adept to understanding the theory, technique, and principles of martial arts. I just need help as to how to construct my own personal classes. What order of things? What are some stress drills? As far as partners go, I have my girlfriend and my best friend who is a black belt in kung fu. I am trying to get all of us plus one more friend and my brother to start working on it because we all want to learn Krav Maga but we need alot of tips on how to go about a class with no actual instructor and no studio to use. I really need help on this. So if anyone would like to help alot my email is [email protected] or just message me on here.:(:

kirk

quote ueno_sdi:

Hello All!

My name is Joe Ueno from Jakarta Indonesia, I’m a student and instructor of Carl Halley’s Tactical Krav Maga which is based in Australia.

I have been studying Krav Maga for two years and during a course in Thailand I had the privilege to meet Mr Itay Gil who helped polish some of the finer details in Krav’s disarming techniques in addition to meeting more Krav Maga students from all around the world.

As a long time and lifelong martial artist (karate, taekwondo, jiujitsu, judo, sambo, silat and now krav maga) I can say from my experience that Krav Maga does a great job in providing a robust syllabus vis-a-vis self defense or self protection.

Nice to meet you all

Salam pendekar dan salam kesatria
    (Warrior’s Honor and warrior’s code)

Ueno

Nice to meet you and welcome!

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 567 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: