Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Welcome -cmon Introduce Yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 567 total)
  • Author
    snakedoctor

Re: CMON OVER AND INTRODUCE YOURSELF- DON’T BE SHY 🙂

Thanks! I’ve been teaching for about 2 and a half years.

bradm

Snakedoctor, are you with “The Unit”? –Just kidding.

quote Old Grappler:

Greetings from balmy Cleveland, OH!!!!!

Pretty new to Krav….2 lessons in to be exact. The first class was a demonstration of how lousy my endurance is…my legs hurt for days. I’m coming along though, the bruises on my elbows are going away, and most of the skin is back on my knuckles.:):

My girlfrind and I started together…I was a compettive wrestler until I was 30…now that I’m, uh….old…..and can no longer compete I was looking for something that would get me back in shape and allow me to vent that competitive streak I have….and that was really aggressive. So far so good. For my girlfriend it provides a great way to learn to protect herself, and has already started to build her self-esteem…not to mention the romance involved with punching each other.:box2:

I’m looking forward to reading and learning…can someone give me a quick breakdown of the different levels, and generally how long it takes to progress from level to level?

Welcome aboard Old Grappler. I grew up in Ohio, hope your enjoying the weather 🙂

I will second what Mara_Jade said and also recommend the “Complete Krav Maga” book she mentioned. It has everything you need to know and will help you in your quest to Krav Maga greatness.

There is also a Krav Maga for beginners coming out in a few months that I hear will be a great buy.

gasparem

Well…Class # 2 was much better (I worked out between classes)…Krav Maga is by far the best workout I have had since I was an SP in the Air Force (many moons ago). Current weight; 249lbs (looking to get back to 200-210 range). I am going to pick up the book that was suggested in the thread. Any good DVDs?

Gaspare

quote Gasparem:

Well…Class # 2 was much better (I worked out between classes)…Krav Maga is by far the best workout I have had since I was an SP in the Air Force (many moons ago). Current weight; 249lbs (looking to get back to 200-210 range). I am going to pick up the book that was suggested in the thread. Any good DVDs?

Gaspare

More military people! We’re taking over…. Mwahahahaha!

Seriously though… I picked up the 4 DVD set that KMWW put out and it’s excelent. Really breaks down the techniques thoroughly. It seems almost too thorough, but it’s a great way to get the techniques that you’re struggling with!

J-

mara-jade

quote Gasparem:

Gaspare

Nice to read you’re enjoying yourself. There’s the KM DVDs(5 DVD set) that downforlife suggested. You can find them here or just google for them. They’re very goodthumbsup

https://kravmaga.com/store/tek9.asp?pg=products&grp=30

Hello everyone!
    I’m here out of interest in Krav Maga and still looking.

mara-jade

Um, interesting name but HEY welcome Special!:wav:

You’ve come to the right place. Please, make yourself at home and feel free to ask questions about KM. We’ve got all kinds of folks here with great knowledge who are more than happy to share :D:

quote mara_jade:

Nice to read you’re enjoying yourself. There’s the KM DVDs(5 DVD set) that downforlife suggested. You can find them here or just google for them. They’re very goodthumbsup

https://kravmaga.com/store/tek9.asp?pg=products&grp=30

Is it 5? My brain doesnt work sometimes.

mara-jade

Maybe you forgot the history of KM DVD?:D:

Haha… that’s it. I usualy end up sticking to the meat and potatos of everything

sidhe

Howdy folks.

Just joined after hubby sent a link to the site (the one concerning ASP batons/usefulness). I’m currently a cadet in police academy and hopefully, once academy’s over I’ll be able to find a cl*** I can attend (right now all of the schedules conflict with my hours for academy, so I can’t ditch cl***). My interest stems from our DT training (yes, I’ve found muscles I didn’t know existed on my body in the last week) that we’re undergoing in academy as well as from a DVD set that my husband purchased for Christmas for the two of us.

We live in Central Texas (about 90 minutes from SA and an hour from Austin) so the centers in SA may be an option after I’m through academy.

Anyway, howdy! I’m going to go back to lurking and exploring the site a bit more. :wav:

giant-killer

class

mara-jade

Welcome Sidhe!:wav:

Yeah check out the San Antonio Center when you’re ready. That’s where hubby and I train – love the place.

Don’t stay lurking – always nice to see more new facesthumbsup

alamocitykid

Nice to see all the military and LE folks out there. Not too sure about crusading lawyers tho–that’s for you, Miriam!!

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 567 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: