Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Welcome -cmon Introduce Yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 567 total)
  • Author
    mara-jade

Re: CMON OVER AND INTRODUCE YOURSELF- DON’T BE SHY 🙂

Well, friggin FINALLY..Another San Antonian:D. What’s up Marz!thumbsup

marz

thumbsup You know, that’s what I said when I saw your post lol. I’ve trained in S.A. when I was younger, Karate, but I have to admit S.A. is a bit slow in evolving with martial arts. I was suprised to see a Krav Maga center (911) and maybe 2 BJJ and a few Muay Thai locals (been away for a bit).

mara-jade

quote Marz:

thumbsup You know, that’s what I said when I saw your post lol. I’ve trained in S.A. when I was younger, Karate, but I have to admit S.A. is a bit slow in evolving with martial arts. I was suprised to see a Krav Maga center (911) and maybe 2 BJJ and a few Muay Thai locals (been away for a bit).

Hubby and myself have been there since the center first opened in 2004. Pete, Leslie and all the other instructors are top notchthumbsup

marz

I’m considering training at 911 but not till the new year, what is the tuition? I’ve been gone since 2002, just got back in 2005. I’ll be here till 2009-10, hopefully I won’t have to leave for too long. I might go to the classes offered by 911 at Lackland.

mara-jade

quote Marz:

I’m considering training at 911 but not till the new year, what is the tuition? I’ve been gone since 2002, just got back in 2005. I’ll be here till 2009-10, hopefully I won’t have to leave for too long. I might go to the classes offered by 911 at Lackland.

Got no idea nowadays – best bet to give them a call and check if there’s any special deals going on. The classes at Lackland are just like 2 days a week I think and they’re only level 1.:wav:

Here’s their website:
    http://www.911kravmaga.com

ETA – the site had a makeover but you can find the schedule on there

marz

Thank you and let me just say you do a good job of welcoming folks! So where do ya’ll train now?

mara-jade

Thanks Marz – I do try:wav:

Oh we train at the center itself. Up until recently, we had things that well, poor KM had to take a backseat. I can’t wait for hubby to get back into training with me again..YEAH – missed beating him up:combat:rofl2. We hope to get back in there and train for level 3. Right now my endurance stinks. We were really close last year until he got hurt, then a new job, so you know how that stuff goes.razz

The center’s is great and I read over in the seminars section DARREN’s coming in April:woohoo:

marz

quote mara_jade:

Thanks Marz – I do try:wav:

Oh we train at the center itself. Up until recently, we had things that well, poor KM had to take a backseat. I can’t wait for hubby to get back into training with me again..YEAH – missed beating him up:combat:rofl2. We hope to get back in there and train for level 3. Right now my endurance stinks. We were really close last year until he got hurt, then a new job, so you know how that stuff goes.razz

The center’s is great and I read over in the seminars section DARREN’s coming in April:woohoo:

If I’m here, I would like to go to the seminar, hopefully I will be a member of the 911 training center.

gasparem

Big Hello from South Florida…Taking my first class tonight. I’ll let you know how it goes. 35 years old, out of shape. I study TKD for 5 years many years ago. Heard about Krav Maga from a friend. After some research I thought I would give it a try.

Regards,

Gaspare

mara-jade

Welcome Gaspare!:wav: Please feel free to ask any questions – the more the merrier:D:

gasparem

Well…I had my first class last night. It was great. The warm up was hard(boy, am I out of shape), but I am going back. The people were friendly and very supportive, my body on the other hand isn’t feeling too supportivd today :): I look forward to the next class!

Gaspare

old-grappler

Greetings from balmy Cleveland, OH!!!!!

Pretty new to Krav….2 lessons in to be exact. The first class was a demonstration of how lousy my endurance is…my legs hurt for days. I’m coming along though, the bruises on my elbows are going away, and most of the skin is back on my knuckles.:):

My girlfrind and I started together…I was a compettive wrestler until I was 30…now that I’m, uh….old…..and can no longer compete I was looking for something that would get me back in shape and allow me to vent that competitive streak I have….and that was really aggressive. So far so good. For my girlfriend it provides a great way to learn to protect herself, and has already started to build her self-esteem…not to mention the romance involved with punching each other.:box2:

I’m looking forward to reading and learning…can someone give me a quick breakdown of the different levels, and generally how long it takes to progress from level to level?

mara-jade

quote Old Grappler:

Greetings from balmy Cleveland, OH!!!!!

Pretty new to Krav….2 lessons in to be exact. The first class was a demonstration of how lousy my endurance is…my legs hurt for days. I’m coming along though, the bruises on my elbows are going away, and most of the skin is back on my knuckles.:):

My girlfrind and I started together…I was a compettive wrestler until I was 30…now that I’m, uh….old…..and can no longer compete I was looking for something that would get me back in shape and allow me to vent that competitive streak I have….and that was really aggressive. So far so good. For my girlfriend it provides a great way to learn to protect herself, and has already started to build her self-esteem…not to mention the romance involved with punching each other.:box2:

I’m looking forward to reading and learning…can someone give me a quick breakdown of the different levels, and generally how long it takes to progress from level to level?

Welcome Grappler!:wav:

Another KM couple in the making – how cool! Yeah I hear ya on the elbows. Hubby and I took a 1/2 class the other day. First part of the class learning elbows 1-7. Have some nice scrapes on my right one, no biggie – comes with the territory:D:

Yes, KM is great marriage therapy:combat:rofl2

How fast you progress depends on how much time you devote to training in class and on your own, as well as fitness level. Hubby and I got our level 1 belt in 3 months and level 2 in 6 months afterwards. We’re now getting back to working on level 3 after being in hiatus. Just my opinion, but don’t worry so much belts and all that. It ain’t a race – some folks have more time than others to devote to training.

I would highly recommend ‘Complete Krav Maga’ by Darren Levine and Johh Whitman. I’d been told this was supposed to be meant for those already in the system, but it gives excellent photos and descriptions. A beginner’s book is in the works but it’s not out yet that will address common attacks.

Hope this helps:wav:

snakedoctor

Greetings all from St. Louis. I’m one of the instructors at Gateway Krav Maga. If anyone’s ever in town, please come see us!

mara-jade

Welcome Snake!:wav:

Another instructor – the more the merrier. Thanks for stopping by:D: Mind if I ask how long you’ve been teaching?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 567 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: