Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Welcome -cmon Introduce Yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 567 total)
  • Author
    hypnotic214

Re: CMON OVER AND INTRODUCE YOURSELF- DON’T BE SHY 🙂

Hey guys. I’m new to this forum. I first started Krav back in ’04 down in Austin with Ryan Hardy. I was hooked from the first class but was recovering from a back injury (soft tissue damage) at the time and was never able to get fully engaged. I stopped going after couple months due to the pain and lack of mobility I had at the time. After a couple years of strength training and conditioning work I decided to give it another shot. Shortly after moving up to Dallas I attended a class at Krav DFW with Mr. Jack and have been at full force for over a year now. I guess you could call me a “Krav Junkie” now!!

bracius

In my youth I was a very active individual. I was a hiker, a spelunker, A cliff climber, A swimmer, a rafter…just a little bit of everything. Then I got a job at a computer company. I am now a global operations consultant but years of working my way up the food chain has added pounds to my body. I am a mismatch of my self image….to those days of the killer six pack, lady magnet arms, and such. I tried working out in a gym [or the company gym] but I always seem to let work dictate when I go. As you can guess it didn’t work.

I decided I needed something a little more structured since I somehow failed at doing that on my own. I have known about Krav Maga for some time and I started searching around and found Ryan Hardy’s gym just down the street.

Now I am totally addicted to Krav Maga, I find myself researching a healthy diet which is something that never would have happened before. I have stopped drinking coffee, and I have a bag of apples and bananas at my desk. I have way more energy than I used to have and waking up in the morning is not a struggle as it used to be. All of that within a five classes with Ryan. He has kick my butt and pushed me farther than I could have imagined. Oh….and I worked off seven pounds so far thumbsup

hypnotic214

Right on Bracius… I used to train down there with Ryan myself. He’s a good instructor! You don’t by chance work at that “computer company” up in Round Rock do you?

bracius

quote Hypnotic214:

Right on Bracius… I used to train down there with Ryan myself. He’s a good instructor! You don’t by chance work at that “computer company” up in Round Rock do you?

If I do…I am not permitted to link myself to it…..assuming I work for “that” company.

rofl2

bracius

oh and yes, Ryan is an excellent instructor. He knows how to make his students totally relaxed in tuned into learning mode.

hypnotic214

Lmao!!! That’s funny man! I used to work for “that” company of which I speak of!

mara-jade

Wanted to welcome you to the forum Hypnotic!:wav:

Bracius – didn’t forget ya – I welcomed ya over on your question on the green belt postthumbsup

bracius

quote Hypnotic214:

Lmao!!! That’s funny man! I used to work for “that” company of which I speak of!

Thank goodness you got out when you did.

hypnotic214

Thanks Mara Jade! thumbsup

enki

Hello, my name is Derek and I started training about two months ago in the new Denver location. I am loving Krav Maga so far, and am really looking forward to a lifetime of training….You won’t see me post much, unless I have a really good question, but I figured I would introduce myself.

mara-jade

Welcome to the forum Derek!

Please feel free to jump into any discussions – always interesting to see what the responses are. Oh, and that GOOD question is the one NEVER asked:wav:

kasey

Hey everyone! My name is Kasey and I just started training (literally, one week ago) at the East Portland/Milwaukie location in Oregon. I took the free trial class about a year ago but couldn’t commit due to time and money (aren’t those always the reasons?). Finally, time and money were no longer issues. Yay!

I took Tae Kwon Do a long time ago, and recently realized I missed MA. Found Krav Maga while (get this) watching a Gilmore Girls episode (two of the characters were taking classes and were beating the pulp out of one another. I instantly thought, “Fun!”), so here I am.

mara-jade

Welcome Kasey!

Always great to see newbies on the board! By all means, please feel free to look around and jump in on the discussionsthumbsup

jakewrestler

My name is Jake Shannon. I am a lifelong Western combat sports practitioner and researcher. I am new to Krav Maga but I have been lurking for a while (watching videos and reading KMW books) and I have been very impressed with the philosophy and practicality.

My specialty is catch-as-catch-can wrestling and I was thrilled to read that Lichtenfeld was a successful competitor in wrestling and even more thrilled to read that his father Samuel was a circus acrobat and wrestler! (From what I read Imi reminds me a lot of one of my mentors Karl Gotch.)

I recently transitioned from being a full-time financial engineer/modeler to focusing on raising my one-year old daughter with my wife while currently run a martial arts / strength & conditioning facility in San Juan Capistrano, California and we’ve just been accepted as an official licensee! I will be attending the upcoming training in San Antonio and look forward to meeting Mara_Jade and everyone else. thumbsup

mara-jade

Welcome Jake!

Always nice to see more newbies jumping in – please feel free to stay out of lurkdom:wav:

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 567 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: