Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Welcome -cmon Introduce Yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 567 total)
  • Author
    superluminal

Re: CMON OVER AND INTRODUCE YOURSELF- DON’T BE SHY 🙂

Howdy, I just moved to Austin this weekend and have been training with C.J. Kirks’ Houston group for the past year and a half. I passed my level two test a couple of weeks ago and am not looking for a break in training.
    I am going to be looking at the various training centers here in Austin this weekend and talking to the insructors. I have had a great experience with he guys in Houston and am deeply saddened that I had to move as they are the main reason for staying in town so long. I would love any suggestions anyone may have on the instructors here in Austin.
    I take my training very seriously and want the same level of expertise that I recieved from C.J. and the instructors in Houston. Thanks, and it is great to be a part of the forum!

mara-jade

Welcome to the forum!

You’re not far from San Antonio – Darren’s coming to our center around May so check for that – it’s gonna be a blastthumbsup

Congrats on passing level 2 – that sucker is a bi%%#

kimber

Hello Everyone!
    My name is James. I’ve been lurking here for about two weeks now. Thought it was about time to stop in and say hi. I had my first class today at Krav Maga Kentucky. I’m 42 and out of shape but it was still a blast. Can’t wait for the next class on Monday.

mara-jade

Welcome aboard James!

Don’t feel bad about being out of shape. Hubby and I haven’t trained in over a week due to the crud going around. We’ll be hurting probably as much as you come Mondayrofl2

Feel free to ask any questions – that’s why we’re herethumbsup

ds314

Just started taking Krav Maga two weeks ago and have been hooked from day one. I have a lot to learn.

DS314 – Dave

mara-jade

Welcome to the forum Dave!

Glad to read you’re enjoying your training. By all means, stay awhile and fee free to ask any questionsthumbsup

parishd

Started Krav Maga training with my sons ~7 weeks ago and we really like it. We started out training three days/week, but we liked it so much we have now upped that to four.

I was primarily motivated to look into Krav Maga by the intense workouts. I first saw it on the tv show National Body Challenge where it was promoted for weight loss/maintenance and strength/fitness training, but I’m enjoying the self defense aspect as well, actually much more than I expected. My sons are in it primarily to learn to defend themselves and really like it. We had been looking at various martial arts for them for a while, but they simply did/do not have the patience to deal with all the formalisms they require, and so took to the pragmatic nature of Krav Maga training immediately.

Well, I hope to be able to contribute something to the forum as our training continues, but for now I’m mainly learning from all the good advice to be found here.

Daniel

mara-jade

Welcome to the forum Daniel!

That’s great you’ve gotten your sons to train with you. Speaking from personal experience, KM does wonders as marriage therapy as well:D:

Feel free to ask any questions – the more the merrierthumbsup

huginn

Hi guys(and ladies of course),

I’m from Rotterdam(The Netherlands) and have been practising Krav maga for about a year now. I train with an IKMF gym, run bij Franklyn Hartlamp, and will soon be up for my P2 exam. I have been lurking around the forum for quite a while and only decided to register yesterday.

parishd

quote mara_jade:

Welcome to the forum Daniel!

That’s great you’ve gotten your sons to train with you. Speaking from personal experience, KM does wonders as marriage therapy as well:D:

Feel free to ask any questions – the more the merrierthumbsup

Thanks for the welcome mara_jade.

Although I wish she would, my wife is not likely to join us, not really her cup of tea. Actually for the better though, another 10-15 years of intense Krav Maga training and I might actually be able to win a fight with her! :D:

pgaks2

hi all, im sheb from alaska, very interested in Krav Maga no schools up here that i can find. i have some kendo background but that is about it as far as martial arts.

i have added the Krav Maga instructional DVD from netflix to my que, i figure its as good a place to start as any. since i have no actual instructor expect lots of posts about technique ect from me.

sheb

mara-jade

Huginn and Sheb – Welcome folks!

Sheb – The Complete Krav Maga Book is an excellent reference! There’s also a beginner one coming out in the summer you’ll wanna look out for as well.

Hopefully at some point you’ll find a place to train. The videos and books are great but they don’t replace the experience of training with other students and being guided by an instructor.

I wish y’all much success with your training!thumbsup

plain

Hello everybody. I live in extreme northeast Texas, and my search for KM classes have so far been fruitless. I will keep looking, though.

snakearms

Hi my name is Kevin. I have been studying KM at Ohio Krav Maga and Fitness in Gahanna Ohio and took my level one test last Friday. So as most of you know, it has taken me an hour just to type these 3 sentences. 😆
    I love KM and really would like to be an instructor one day. The instructors at the school I attend are top notch and I encourage anyone in the central Ohio area to come and join in on the fun!

mara-jade

Kevin, Plain – Welcome to the forum!thumbsup

Plain – how far are you talking about? I’m assuming you checked these?
    https://kravmaga.com/texas.asp

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 567 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: