Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Commando Krav Maga / CKM / Moni Aizik

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 309 total)
  • Author
    gadfly

Re: Commando Krav Maga / CKM / Moni Aizik

Coatesy,

CKM may be the greatest system on Earth but it wouldn’t change the basic issue here: Aizik invented a past in order to arrogate some credibility for his system. The system is basically combat applications of judo principles – some good, some questionable – and some stuff that he appends at the end of each course depending on what he sees some of the more experienced guys doing on that course. The system has changed so much since he did those DVDs that even his most loyal followers must have to admit that what he had when he made those videos was a work-in-progress, not the fruit of 30 years developing a system in the Israeli Special Forces.

It can be hard to admit that you’ve been conned mate – I had to and it still sticks in my craw. Don’t let him do it to you any more, get out and find an honest teacher with techniques that can be justified objectively, not sanctioned by some mythical IDF Special Forces pressure testing.

I’ve always said that if Aizik could produce any evidence of his claims then I’d be the first to apologise and this remains the case. When challenged by the Advertising Standards Authority over here to do so, he claimed that he wasn’t allowed to by the military code of conduct – everybody knows that is nonsense: his discharge papers would show his regiment, courses taken, qualifications achieved, rank etc.. that’s all he needs to produce.

Mate, save yourself a lot of dough and embarrassment and get out now. Sorry to be so blunt, I genuine admire your loyalty in the face of all the evidence but the man doesn’t deserve guys like you backing him up and you deserve better.

jl

Coatesy

You seem to be under the influence of a system that has been proven to be built on half truths, suspect technique, and all out fabrications of the truth. you asked if any of us have trained with him or in Israel or have any KM experience. Well I for one and some that have just posted back to you for others. You must know that the authorities are coming at Moni with all they have. When the IDF gets full enough of this guy, they too will inform all concerned that this guy fabricated his credentials and did so on the backs of those that have actually fought, and yes even died for their country. I guess for me, that’s what grabs my ass the most. His false credentials are built on the graves of those that actually have been there! …Good Luck, you’ll need it if you stay with this hype. JL

psyops

Coatsey,

I think the others have said it plainly. But I will point out a few things to you. JL was once a Moni supporter. Yet when he began to see the truth it was plainly obvious that Moni’s lies were too blatant.

If you are coming from the “So what if he lied, the system is still good” point of view. I can only sigh and wish you well in your training. But CKM is a fabricated load of crap! Just between us though ok?

coatesy

No offence to jl just trying to make a point
    psyops how do you know he stdudied did you hear it from someone or he told you,You’re an instructor so you are going to want the buissness,
    fabricated crap how do you know its 1 thing watching it another thing doing it If he is teaching something to save poeples lives he isnt doing anything wrong,
    Its all he said this i heard from someone hypocrites if you have no substantial proof.
    I was in the marine in the uk marines and had to keep things quiet and what i have done believe me or dont.
    I do not study ckm although you all presumed i do,
    I just think he isnt defending himself on here i was looking around for krav maga when i came across this thread.
    Gladfly thankyou for you’re reply.
    things change develop in the world so everyone should you’re not on the streets of isreal we have laws.

admin-d45
    Keymaster

I think his point was that many who have posted in this thread have trained directly under Moni in Canada at his facility as well as abroad as licensed members of his franchise. So their comments regarding the situation are considered firsthand knowledge and not some internet game of telephone.

Furthermore; their comments are solely their own and as I continue to repeat not indicative of Krav Maga Worldwide but are the responsibility of that individual. Most of whom I might add does not even belong to our organization.

This is the largest online community for Reality Based Self Defense / Krav Maga and people from all methodologies are welcome to post here. As such itís only natural that likeminded individuals chose to speak out regarding this issue.

Keep it civil, Thank You~

psyops

Coatsey,

Are you serious? Have you read this entire thread? In my opinion Moni Aizik is not a credible person. He has flat out lied about many aspects of his past. He once claimed that he co-founded Krav Maga! We all know that this is a lie. I have spoken with very credible sources in Israel and to a man they all say Moni is a liar.

I am sick of this nonsense. Is Moni saving lives? Perhaps. Is he putting lives in danger with sub par techniques? Perhaps. If you put your system out there on DVD and make public claims about its authenticity, you have to expect criticism. Moni is a big boy he can take it. Trust me he has read this entire post. He has threatened law suits. He has written formal letters to the IDF.

Look I could go on and on. I don’t have to. We all know the truth. The reason why this guy won’t file a suit for defamation is because he would then be forced to provide evidence which supports his outlandish claims. So I and others are going to continue to tell the truth about this guy.

I have not found one person that can verify anything this guy says. Not one. Trust me I have looked. If it turns out that he is telling the truth I will be as diligent in my apology as I have been in my attacks. But I am not holding my breath. He won’t produce a single verifiable shred of evidence to support his claims.

Lastly…. If you believe that Moni’s military file is still sealed you have been watching too many spy movies. This dude was in the IDF 30 years ago. So stop. Think about it Coatsey. The guy just got his ass handed to him regarding his advertising. Yet he still sticks to the “my file is so secret it can’t be shared” b.s. story…… Nonsense.

rich-f

Coetsey-

I agree with psyops. Do your research on Moni. When every KM association actually agrees on something (Moni and CKM being a fraud), there is credibility to the claim. The different associations have never agreed on anything else. It is documented that several countries are now looking into his claims.

I saw your post on the CKM website and my only comment is that there are alot of good people in CKM. I wish them all well and hope they find more legitimate instruction with a qualified instructor. Their only problem is that the have an unscrupulous leader. Hopefully no one will lose their life using one of his techniques. If you want to see a similar Martial Arts situation, Google the following names: Chung Moo Doe, 8 Martial Arts for Health or Oom Yung Doe. It sounds similar and those so-called “founders” of Korean MA finally wound up in jail for fraud among other things. Having visited relative’s classes several times a few years ago I had no idea I was witnessing a fraud at the time either.

Hope my post was useful to you.
    -Rich

gadfly

Coatesy,

I saw your post on the CKM forum. Nobody is being abusive or unhelpful here, we’re being helpful by giving you the facts. See here for the Advertising Standards Authority ruling:
    http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/adjudications/Public/TF_ADJ_45208.htm

As a former military guy I’m sure that you realise that his defence that he’s not able to reveal his regiment, rank, qualifications achieved etc. is tosh. Nobody is asking him to reveal details of any special operations that he undertook – they would have been 35 years ago anyway. Wholly up to you mate but the evidence currently suggest that if you give this guy your money based on the belief that you’re buying into his knowledge gained through fighting/teaching in the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF), then like a lot of other people you will have been conned.

Difficult to comment on CKM now as I’m sure that he’s changed things a lot since I last trained with them. The fact that the system has changed so much over the last 2 years should tell you something – don’t believe that cobblers re “evolution” – a system developed over 30 years in the IDF wouldn’t have changed so much in such a short space of time.

You’re best advised to try a CKM class a couple of times before you commit any dough. Always question the reality of the attacks defended if you try this or any other class. I’m happy to help directly mate feel free to drop me a private message if you’re interested.

coatesy

thankyou rich f and gladfly for you’re descent reponse that’s all i wanted,
    i will take on board what you have said.
    You both make a good points and u like some poeple on here you are more intrested in helping me than slagging the system off so thankyou and take it easy

coatesy

would anyone have a problem with ckm if it was called something different.

gadfly

quote coatesy:

would anyone have a problem with ckm if it was called something different.

I’m not so concerned with the name, it’s more the fabricated history and credentials that are of concern. If he called it say, Israeli Combat Judo, but still kept up with the “developed and taught in the Israeli Special Forces” stuff then the integrity/honesty issue would remain.

Like I say mate, maybe give it a try and draw your own conclusions but don’t believe any of the marketing hype re CKM’s place in the Israeli Defence Forces: that’s just bollocks.

eric-joyce

I don’t have a problem if Moni changed the name of his system to something else. As long as it doesn’t have the name Krav Maga in it. 🙂 He really is teaching more jujitsu/judo stuff than Krav Maga. He is good at jujitsu/judo, but I would respect Moni more if he was honest about his background and just be done with it.

coatesy

quote Eric Joyce:

I don’t have a problem if Moni changed the name of his system to something else. As long as it doesn’t have the name Krav Maga in it. 🙂 He really is teaching more jujitsu/judo stuff than Krav Maga. He is good at jujitsu/judo, but I would respect Moni more if he was honest about his background and just be done with it.

Thankyou for youre comment a decent response and a honest 1 unlike some bies poeple on here ive had to many comment just having ago at the techniques which arent in question and i do think they work i have had years of experience an had time in the marines it isnt as brutal as km i feel in england the person defending themselve can get in deep cr*p if they take it to far and likely get sued for hurting the attacker i think both systems are great,
    im baseing these on watching dvd’s which i cant make an accurate assumption

gadfly

check out the current wikipedia entry for Aizik:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moni_Aizik

at the time of posting this refers to him being a physical fitness trainer and to his recent problems with the UK Advertising Standards Authority. There have been a few people removing references to the ASA and then others have returned them, but nobody has attempted to remove that about his being a physical fitness trainer. Maybe this is the new orthodoxy.

Somebody in the US really should get onto the Federal Trade Commission about his advertising and his website. Come on guys, you’re supposed to be the get-up-and-go nation, not us old farts in the UK who spend most of our time cursing about “who won the war anyway?” This could take me into a discussion of my own record in the Scottish Special Forces but I have to keep it quiet. Suffice to say I was invalided out for having terminal bad teeth and was one of only 5 members of my regiment not to end up with a job in the fast food industry.

morkravi

an interesting add on to it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Moni_Aizik

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 309 total)
  • The topic ‘Commando Krav Maga / CKM / Moni Aizik’ is closed to new replies.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: