Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Welcome -cmon Introduce Yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 567 total)
  • Author
    heyload

Re: Welcome -cmon Introduce Yourself

Thanks mara. I’m hoping I can test in November or December; I just have to get my schedule to match the test schedule; I think I’m just about ready for it. As for Pete’s place you’re right, it rocks! I don’t have anything to compare it to, really, but I can tell you that I really appreciate the combination of humor and intensity I’ve seen from all of the instructors.

sugarjunkie

Hey, Im Magnus i got inspiration to join this from bas ruttens “lethal streetfight” DVD ;p

kirsten

Hi Magnus! I am a Bas Rutten Systems Instructor and I am a KM instructor. Glad to see you here!

mara-jade

Welcome to the forum!:wav:

jenn-jenn

Hello Everyone! *waves* Jennifer here from California and I’ve been interested in learning Krav Maga for quite some time now. My only set back is that I get easily intimidated and feel that I have to loose some weight before even THINKING about taking these classes. Working in Downtown Los Angeles I feel the need to learn how to defend myself but, I’m soooo afraid of not being able to keep up in class. I’m hoping that the more and more I read this forum, I’ll start to feel more comfortable with wanting to take one of the great programs that are offered.

Anywho, Thanks for the great postings and have a wonderful day!

michaelmall

Hey Jenn Jenn don’t worry about the weight,don’t worry
    about keeping up,it will come.Krav is one of the best
    defensive arts you can do.I see alot of attacks on people
    that could be avoided through the learning of situational
    awareness taught through krav maga training.

mara-jade

Welcome Jenn,

Girlfriend, I speak from experience. You WILL be tired, you WILL be winded. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying to you. I’m not what you’d call ‘6 pack abs’ by any means but I can tell you this.

Go for it – go at your own pace. If you gotta slow down, slow down. Don’t worry about anyone else. Don’t get discouraged. With time and practice you will see how you WILL keep up:wav:

It took me longer than probably others here but this past Aug I finally took and passed my level 3 test along with hubby after many setbacks. I’m not tiny (160 I think) and I did it. thumbsup

michaelmall

Mara your still the forum “Diva” though(no disrespect intended)

mara-jade

quote michaelmall:

Mara your still the forum “Diva” though(no disrespect intended)

None done man – just letting Jenn know what to expect. KM is not easy and when you’re not in shape, it’s hard not to get discouraged at the beginning:wav:

mariana

Hey jenn !

I’m Mariana from Mexico and i can tell you that deciding to train krav maga is one of the best choices i’ve made. I should tell you that i’m like a living example that krav actually works. I had some weight issues too and started really REALLY slowly (had to catch my breath every 5 mins) I can endure three classes in a row now withour getting exhausted. :woohoo:

I’m in level two now and my exam was definitely the most demanding experience i’ve had, physically and mentally.

My own classmates don’t recognize me now, i entered as the youngest girl, extremelly timid and non-agressive (just to give you a reference i used to practice ballet and yoga) and now i can tell you that if s’one attacks me, i’m pretty sure i’ll fight back…i don’t know if i’ll win…but i WILL try to survive.

You definitely SHOULD give it a try as i told you, knowing you’re not weak is the best feeling in the world!!
    thumbsup

djh70

Hello to all. My name is Derek and I am a Police Sergeant from Massachusetts. I took the KMF instructor course with Jon and am also a Defensive Tactics Instructor for the MPTC. I am also a Former Marine and was stationed at Camp LeJeune from 1989 – 1992.

mara-jade

Welcome Derek!:wav:

nac10

Hello everyone,

My name is Neil, I’m in the South West of France and really struggling to find any KM schools in the area !
    Keeping fit and flexible at a local Karate club but it just isn’t as ‘hands on’ as I would like.

Glad to have found this Forum as I have some questions about schools and courses that are available in Israel. Excuse my ignorance, but should I post questions in the General forum area or elsewhere ? Or, is there anyone from Israel who might be able to advise/answer some questions ?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

N.

mara-jade

Welcome Neil,

Best to make a different post on your questions (general km related topics is fine) as they’ll get lost next time you look here

KMMW has its locations listed here
    https://kravmaga.com/index.php?option=com_xtremelocator&Itemid=179

As for Israel, not too sure who would answer your question per se. We have folks from all over who visit.

Best wishes on your training:wav:

Hello everyone,
    I just joined the KMW Club in San Antonio, Texas. I am 32, I am a combat medic in the Army stationed at Ft. Sam Houston. I am so far enjoying the classes for self defense. look forward to meeting people on the forum and sharing thoughts on Krav or anything else of interest.

Nick.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 567 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: