Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Welcome -cmon Introduce Yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 567 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Re: Welcome -cmon Introduce Yourself

in the uk the split between ckm and km is not very big if at all, with limited number of clubs most work hand in hand ,but i see for the short time i have been in this forum i see that there is a bitter split which i was unaware ran so deep , yes the move i posted are CKM moves but i also train in” get tough , defendo and km as well as ckm . i use the move i find most effective at the time and situation . in some situations i would use a defendo move some a km move , i cross train to get the best of all not one ridged system .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDHAmYmKL1Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-652qTIQ0g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DzRPrTX9rc

francokrav

mara-jade

Morning Folks,

Since this thread is really meant for introductions, I’d like to ask if you could please start another thread. Yes, there have been debates with CKM here and if they’re kept civil, feel free to discuss.thumbsup

Franco – if you’re referring to the KMWW curriculum, I can say after finding it over 5 years ago, rigid is the last word I’d use for the system:wav:

dante-d59

Hello everyone.
    I’m Dante and joined STW – San Antonio last month, –the week before Thanksgiving. I had an aggressive goal to take the level one test this month. Went 3-4 times a week, –in some cases twice a night, like last week!! To say I’m addicted to this stuff is an understatement!! I’m hooked! And guess what,…..I’m just now winding down this evening from that level one test earlier this afternoon! Holy sshmokes, I’m freakin sore!! Was 3.5hrs long; I pulled a muscle or strained something in my rt shoulder. So I’ll need some time to recover. All in all, I feel confident that everyone in the class did well on the test (including myself of course 🙂 Looking forward to the results & ….that’s right 😉 KM2 training!!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all!

mara-jade

Welcome to the forum!:wav:

heyload

Hey Dante! Welcome to the forum. You’re right about that Level 1 test yesterday, it was tough. I believe that if it were easy I wouldn’t appreciate it nearly as much, though. Wow, it is really impressive that you did that with only about a month of training! Good luck on the results and we’ll see you in Level 2!

Anonymous

my wife and i made these to anti rape videos and would like some comments on them . take a look and let us know what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o9YSVBvaug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXKvwDP1nQI

thanks for taking the time to watch

Hi everyone, I’m new to Krav, been doing it for about 9 months in Texas. Look forward to chatting with you all.

dante-d59

Heload,
    I haven’t been going as much as I’d like. Are you taking the Level 3 test this coming weekend?

-Dante

bigben757

whats up everybody? my names ben, I studied jiu jitsu while i was in the army for 7 years and now i’m trying to get into krav. I live in hampton va and i was wondering if anybody knows where I can find a legit trainer any where in the 757? I’ve seen Sandy Pettito’s name pop up in alotta places. does anyone train with her? please help me out folks

marlon

Hello all. My name is Marlon. I am new to the Krav world. I am looking for a good place to learn and train in the Hampton Roads Virginia area. Any suggestions?

llsncrawford

Hello! Today is the first day I have ever encountered the term ‘Krav Maga’ while surfing on the net. Today is also the first day I was assaulted.

I teach at an inner city school with a horrible reputation for violence, and it is a sad state of affairs that I need to learn self-defense to protect myself from my students. I know of five instances during this semester in which my fellow teachers were assaulted by students. The school has a heavy gang population, and fights within the hallways, classrooms, and lunchroom is a common sight. The metal detectors are broken, and the school surveilance cameras don’t work. The school budget has no money (or concern) to fix these safety issues, and after today, I am afraid to be at my job.

I have never had any martial arts training; I’ve always been a peaceful, non aggressive person. What attracted me to the Krav Maga concept was the ‘reality’ of the focus of training. I feel that pretty katas would not be practical for me. My dilemma? I know of no Krav Maga schools in my area (Birmingham, Alabama). I don’t think I would learn much from a video; I learn best with one-on-one instruction. Does anyone have any suggestions, or does anyone know someone proficient in Krav Maga near my location?

cs81953

Hello, I am a Krav Maga student in Lexington, KY. I’ll be in San Antonio July 1-6. I would like to take a couple of classes at the Krav Maga center there. Please help with directions and class schedule. I am a level 1 student, but I’ve bee in class for two years.

I am 56 years old, and I am healthy, but not as fit as others. I do need help with getting in shape so I can pass my test. Any help with diet and exercise would be appreciated as well.

Please feel free to email me off the message board.

Thanks so much,
    Cathy Baker

mara-jade

Welcome to the forum!

This is the website to Pete’s place. The schedule that’s listed is how the current schedule sits (just the instructor’s name and moves to be learned in KM class changes). Give them a call and they’ll take care of you:wav:

http://krav-maga-san-antonio.com/location-schedule

kvmorl

Honestly if my employer would offer a move to SA TX, Pete’s place would definitely weigh in positively to my decision. You are sooooooo lucky!

mara-jade

Thanks and it doesn’t hurt Ryan stops in every so often either:D:

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 567 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: