Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Welcome -cmon Introduce Yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 567 total)
  • Author
    cs81953

Re: Welcome -cmon Introduce Yourself

Do you have an email for this place? I couldn’t find one on the website, and the one I was given over the phone didn’t work. Thanks, Cathy B.

mara-jade

No Sorry Cathy, what’s on the site is what I know off the top of my head. I’d call them again. What did you want to know anyway? You can PM me if you want. I’ve been there awhile so I might be able to help:wav:

Hello gentlemen and ladies, my name is Zack and i train out of Tampa at Krav Maga Martial Arts (KMMAtampa.com). This has been an amazing experience for me as i make alot of changes in my life.

Long story short, things needed to change for the better as i was going down a road that no man should travel. I made a u-turn and Krav is really what has helped me out.

i look forward to interacting w/ people on this board not only to share life lessons i’ve learned but to also be a student of life from all of you.

cheers!

mara-jade

Welcome to the forum Zack:wav:

Names Wayne

Joined KM 1 year ago today. Needed a physical workout for weight and to assist with diabetic control. Best workout ever! Age 56 and like the everedy bunny…Keep going & going and going. Ya’ll have a good 4th of July.

quote mara_jade:

Ok,

I get to start this sucker. Myself and hubby started at San Antonio Training Center (now a Regional Training Center) in March 2004. We looked at all other martial arts but this one stuck out the most.

At first after the first class (dying in KO Cardio 10 minutes into it), I thought we’d lost our minds. After a few more classes we were hooked. The level 1 test scared the crap out of me cause at that time I was 15 pounds heavier. With hubby by my side, we made it through, sore for 3 days, slept like 5 hours after we got home. BEST KICKA$$ TEST WE EVER HAD 😀 . We’ve managed to keep our 50 pounds OFF between the two of us

We’ve gotten and passed Level 2 and well, life gets in the way sometimes so I’ve had to kinda start all over in terms of getting my body back to where it was. I’d love to get to level 3 someday but until then, I’m looking to get in better shape again. It’s been a long time not being in a KM class but I need to get some endurance back first. The great thing about the fitness classes you’re still doing KM, just not necessarily with an opponent 🙂

I’ve taken part in every seminar my center’s given and I’m proud to spread the word. I love coming here and hope to learn alot from y’all veterans 🙂

mara-jade

Welcome to the forum:wav:

destructo

Hi everyone. Just started my search this week for a new way to help improve my fitness and always wanted to learn how to protect myself and “hold my own” if faced with an unavoidable conflict.

KM looks to be a fun and applicable way for me to drop some weight, get in-shape and protect myself.

I have no fighting experience or martial arts on my resume. So when I try my first class it should be really interesting. I would like to do the the self defense aspect more than the KM fitness classes, but should I consider doing the fitness classes first to get into shape for the KM SD classes? Or can I expect the improve my fitness from the KM SD classes too?

I noticed a really big mix of ages and experiences with those involved, which is comforting.

Looking forward to learning more from this site and its people!

kmky

the regular self-defense classes will give you a good workout. i would suggest starting with them and adding the fitness classes later. just my opinion. once you get started you get addicted.

mara-jade

Welcome to the forum!

Yup, what KMKY said. I’ve met plenty of folks (including me) who weren’t in the best of fitness when first starting. Believe me you’ll get a workout with the KM classes:wav:

Sorry, I really have to reply on MJ’s post even though it’s been 2 years already since he posted.

Great post man, we have the same story!

blockcrat

Hi everyone! I finally decided to stop being a lurker and join you guys. Looks like a fun and informative forum to be a part of. Where else can you find one with a welcoming committee? Haha! I look forward to my stay here. Have a great day everyone!

mara-jade

Welcome to the forum :wav:

blockcrat

Thanks for the welcome!

tinybluetj

Hey Everybody!

My brother has been doing Krav for a while. He REALLY slimmed down, and looks great! He has suggested I look into it, so here I am looking! I go to a center tonight for an ‘introductory session’. We will see how that goes. I just hope child care doesn’t get in the way of classess….

mara-jade

Welcome to the forum!:wav:

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 567 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: