Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Welcome -cmon Introduce Yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 567 total)
  • Author
    gumbi17

Hi

I am on Day 2 of the start of my KM career, still very sore in spots I never knew existed, but very statisfied!!

raneman

hello everyone..new lurker here and figured I would introduce myself. I am 34 yrs old and a former US Marine. I have been going to the gym for years but have always been interested in Krav Maga. I recently found a school nearby in Signal Hill, CA(I live in Long Beach) and have my first class this evening. I look forward to the challenge and possible ass kicking to get back in fighting shape. 🙂

I have really enjoyed all the helpful posts I have been reading and I am looking forward to sharing my excitement and possible pain( haha) with others on the forums.

No more lurker for me..glad to meet you all.

Pete

Re:

[quote:02e336551b=\”mara_jade\”]Hi Haz!

Just wanted to welcome you aboard and congrats on deciding to quit smoking! :D[/quote:02e336551b]

Thanks mara it feels great. I haven’t had this much energy in years!

Looking forward to getting in the best shape of my life and losing weight.

Let the butt kickings begin! 😀

paragon

Well, here’s another new person.

I have been doing KM about a month here in Orlando, FL. Apparently, our school (which is a TK school) doesn’t do belts or anything, but the workout is….fun.

I need to lose some weight, get stronger, and learn some self defense to go along with my firearms training. That’s my goal.

And CJ’s Dad–don’t I know you from somewhere else on the web? Disney maybe?

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re:

[quote:a8083a2dad=\”Paragon\”]

And CJ’s Dad–don’t I know you from somewhere else on the web? Disney maybe?[/quote:a8083a2dad]

Hmm maybe? I’m in LA but no ties to Disney. Shoot me a PM if you want.

mara-jade

Pete, Paragon – Welcome people! Oh, you WILL find pain in spots you never knew about 😆

I took KM 1 last night. We were doing Palm Strikes with the tombstone. I’m pretty sure my partner was new since after I did my round of palm strikes, she had to go barf.. I felt bad for her but hey, gotta train like I fight, right? 😀

Hubby says my palm strikes are devastating..I love those way better than punching 🙂

Re:

[quote:99b74e8b41=\”Paragon\”]Well, here’s another new person.

I have been doing KM about a month here in Orlando, FL. Apparently, our school (which is a TK school) doesn’t do belts or anything, but the workout is….fun.

I need to lose some weight, get stronger, and learn some self defense to go along with my firearms training. That’s my goal.

And CJ’s Dad–don’t I know you from somewhere else on the web? Disney maybe?[/quote:99b74e8b41]

We don’t do belts so to speak at our TK school either but we do the levels.

Been doing it a little over a month now and the workout is a blast. Hard sometimes but a great sweat.

Always remember to bring your bucket 😀

raneman

Thanks for the warm welcome. I did my first lvl 1 class tonite and I have to be honest..it kicked my ass. About 30 minutes in I got light headed and had to go hit the bathroom for a few lol. It was very fun though even if I couldnt finish. I will be back for round 2 on Saturday though. 🙂

Gotta start somewhere.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re:

[quote:63f6b22972=\”Raneman\”]Thanks for the warm welcome. I did my first lvl 1 class tonite and I have to be honest..it kicked my ass..[/quote:63f6b22972]

Thats great! Thanks for coming back to make the review and letting us know how you did and what you thought.

Trust me it gets better, much much better.

raneman

Thanks for the encouragement Sean. The instructors and my classmates were absolutely awesome. I am sure it will only get better..especially once I get into better shape. I was able to watch a few other classes and I was absolutely impressed with both the style and precision that the training was taught and executed.

I can’t say enough good things about my first experience and I would recommend it to anyone.

Pete

kravkid510

Hey everybody,

I’d just like to introduce myself. My name is Andrew, and I started Krav about 3 months ago, and I’ve fallen in love with it. I’m a bit of an addict (i go practiclally everyday after school,homework permiting). I go to a pretty rough school, (i live on Oakland so I go to school there) and it’s nice knowing if someone attacked me because I accedentaly stepped on there shoe or something (i’ve seen people get beat up for less) I could protect myself. Its helped my confidence imensially and it’s great conditioning for my sports. Its helped my school work as well. If I can take chokes and holds from people who are much bigger and stronger than myself (i’m the only kid in the classes) then studying for test doesn’t seem so bad. I actually train at a studio in Berkeley. On november 10th, a guy named Eyal Yanilov is coming in to tach a five hour seminar. Apparently he is the head of the IKMF. I know the IKMF and KMWW are different, but i was wondering if anyone has meet him, and if so i was just wondering what type of guy he was. I know he trained with IMI, so i’m pretty excited. Anyways, I just join this site 2day, so i’d just though I’d drop by and say hi.

Greetings from Northern California,
    Andrew

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re:

[quote:3c8788ab2f=\”kravkid510\”]Hey everybody,

:::::::SNIP::::::

Greetings from Northern California,
    Andrew[/quote:3c8788ab2f]

Wow thatís a great endorsement thank you for sharing it.

Iíve never met Eyal but Iíve heard nothing but good things about him from those who have. Its rare that he comes out to the west coast so you have a great opportunity.

Welcome to the forums~

giant-killer

Yes, Eyal is very nice and an excellent instructor. I’ve met him twice during a seminar and it was definitely worth coming to.

Welcome to the forum!

jehenderson

Another green one

Whassup, everybody? I’m Jonathan and started Krav Maga in July, but I was not aware of this Web site until today! I’m glad I found it!

I’m 22, I’m from Maryland, I go to (and soon graduating from) University of Maryland-College Park, and my background is 16 years in Tae Kwon Do. I’ve experimented with other martial arts, but Krav Maga seems like the fighting/self-defense system I want to stick to the most. Every time I’m in class, I get my butt kicked and I’m loving every moment of it!

mara-jade

Welcome Y’all!!! Yeah, people look at me strange when I say I get beat up in class, sore as hell and I love it 😆

Feel free to post questions – that’s why we’re here 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 567 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: