Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Welcome -cmon Introduce Yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 567 total)
  • Author
    rq

Re:

[quote:febc88d925=\”mara_jade\”]Welcome Y’all!!! Yeah, people look at me strange when I say I get beat up in class, sore as hell and I love it 😆

Feel free to post questions – that’s why we’re here :D[/quote:febc88d925]

haha – I know what you mean, I’ve got all kindsa bumps and bruises and my friends will say \”OMG, that’s horrible!\” In which I reply What are you talking about, IT’S GRRRRREAT!

And I don’t know if it’s because it’s only my first week or what but when I tell people \”Can you REALLY choke me? I mean really really try?\” they look at me funny, or when I tell them \”You know it’s ok, you can go full force on the pad, don’t worry about it\”

mara-jade

Oh yeah, I had one newbie I did choke from behind against the wall with. I hadn’t been there in a bit and our instructor Pete decided I needed a good choking so he made sure to tell him \”No, don’t choke her like that, like THIS’. Not only choked but my face nice and squished 😆 .

HA! I still got out 😆 . Another one I left bruises on her that took over a week to go away..oops.. 😯

They also look at me when I say go hard and kick. I wear a cup too so it doesn’t bother me. Out there I hopefully won’t let anyone get that close 😀

luke

Im new here aswel, my name is Luke… interested in Krav Maga as it would be beneficial for me in the police service but very limited here in Australia.

mara-jade

Welcome Luke!

Please feel free to ask any questions! I would see about about buying the new KM book- it helps alot 🙂

johne7

Hey all,

My name is John and my wife and I have been ;earning KM for just ablout 1 1/2 months now. we are training at Ultmia Self Defense & Fitness in Tucson, AZ. It’s the best time I’ve ever had. I’ve had martial arts training the past, but it’s been some time since being active in any training.

I started doing research on KM after seeing the movie”Enough” with Jennifer Lopez. I drove by Ultima one weekend, found their website and decided to stop by; we picked up some brouchers and started our training the next weekend. I felt KM would help me most being in the military, but not only protecting myself but my family as well.

This is my first day on the forum and haven’t really checked it out other than reading this thread and posting this message.

mara-jade

Hiya John! Oh cool – another KM couple. Dontcha love how great KM works for Marriage Therapy:D. I’ve had hubby bleeding and I love HIM;). Who needs to ever argue when you can beat each other up

johne7

Ain’t that the truth, it makes life so much easier when you have built in therapy, plus you never have to worry about trying to find a training partner for those after class sessions.

mara-jade

Only thing I’ve found though and please don’t take this wrong is this – Don’t get used to each other as training partners. Y’all are still early in training but when you take class together, don’t always be each other’s partners. Hubby and I did that and while it worked great doing Level 1 and 2 it seemed, we found later over time we got too comfortable and too predictable with each other. We didn’t NOT try to beat up each other but I think subconsciously we started predicting each other’s moves.

For testing though, I’ve always tested with hubby and we got each other through 2 tests together. In that regard, I WILL have hubby by my side no matter what:)

johne7

The only practice we have together is at and at a very slow tempo as to not inflict any unnecessary injuries (since we are new). She works days and I work nights so during the week we attend different classes. Which sometimes leads to learning different techniques at different times depending on who is instructing what class.

The few times we have been in the same class we have never been partners.

ogre

Another noob…

My name is Chris and I started Krav here in Puyallup, Wa in late June. I love it! I’m currently stationed at McChord AFB, and had wanted to try Krav for about 6 years, but spent 180-300 days a year TDY or deployed so I waited until I got a stable job here to start. Wish I was doing this 6 years ago!

I mix my week with that, PT, Crossfit, and a little Bas Rutten here and there. I’d really like to start getting more serious with it now, and though I’ve been browsing the forums for a while, I’ll probably continue to browse before I do much posting.

Thanks!

Chris

bradm

Hi Chris,
    Just some gee whiz! I used to live in South Hill Puyallop. Retired from Mchord AFB in December 1986. I was the Aircraft Maintenance Supertendent in the 62 OMS when I retired. I also spent a tour with the fighter squadron in the 70’s. (The 318th, wasn’t it?)

Good luck in your training.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Hey Chris~

Glad to see your settled if you get the chance to do phase A training do what I did and think in your mind its 2 weeks of PAST without the pool LOL

I just kept thinking to myself Lackland wasn’t this hard!

rq
    quote CJs Dad:

I just kept thinking to myself Lackland wasn’t this hard!

Disneyland, hard? Come on, that was 7 weeks of summer camp! I remember laughing my @ss off at night listening to the sniffles and whimpering of other people, I never could understand what was so bad about it.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster
    quote RQ:

Disneyland, hard? Come on, that was 7 weeks of summer camp! I remember laughing my @ss off at night listening to the sniffles and whimpering of other people, I never could understand what was so bad about it.

Agreed… basic was a cakewalk.. PJ school was a whole nother story.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster
    quote Simon:

CJ’s dad you were a PJ?

Well I wanted to be one but I washed out on a medical/injury.

But not before I got a taste of what kind of dedication it takes to pass that course.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 567 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: