Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Welcome -cmon Introduce Yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 567 total)
  • Author
    ogre

Well, it sounds like I gotta combo of BradM and CJs dad in me! I came in with aspirations of being a PJ during 9/11, but a medical snafu landed me in Acft maintenance. I’m a Flying Crew Chief (“flight mechanic”) on the C17, and pretty much spent most of my time between the Middle East and Antarctica. I actually kept more of my gear and personnal belongings in Germany and Turkey than I did here! lol

And yes, basic at Lackland is an absolute cake walk. I think I lost more muscle and endurnace in basic than I gained. I couldn’t believe the guys cryin and wanting out or faking injuries! Most of them were fresh from high school and probably never left the house though.

mara-jade

Hi Chris!

Nice to meet ya – sorry to miss your post. Sounds like you’ll fit right in:)

ogre

BradM, I probably work with a few guys you know then. We’ve gotta couple that have been there since the 60’s and 70’s.

bradm
    quote ogre:

BradM, I probably work with a few guys you know then. We’ve gotta couple that have been there since the 60’s and 70’s.

Are the active duty or ARTS? I assume ARTS since they’ve been there so long. So you’re a C-17 guy – how do you like it. When I retired from the Air Force in December 1986, I went to work for McDonnell Douglas as a Senior Logistics Engineer and Maintainability Engineer. I developed maintenance procedures for the TOD on the C-17. At first I was assigned to Missions Systems (rails, doors. etc.). Had a lot of problems to iron out in that system. I don’t know if they ever got totally “maintenance friendly” after I left. I also done some hydraulic system work. I was only on the C-17 for a year or so, then went over to the commercial side (MD-11), more $$$. I eventually ended up with Lockheed in Marietta, GA on the the F-22.

ogre

Civvies and ARTs…George Graham, Larry Daughtry, Gary Davis, Will Thompson, Bob Ackerman and Dave McCarroll are the first that came to mind. I’m sure if I set down and thought about it, there’d be more.

C17s aren’t bad. They’re relatively Mx friendly and you really don’t get to dirty wrenchin on them. They have a few flaws and the integral jacking system needed to change a tire kinda sucks, but they’re reliable as a brick, fun to ride in and they’re always doing block upgrades fixing items Boeing deems necessary.

bradm

The names don’t ring a bell. But, remember, I retired from the AF just over 20 years ago. I’m glad the C-17 is Mx friendly. I know I and many other maintainability and logistics engineers constantly pounded on the design engineers to make design changes for the better.

j-r-cook

Re: CMON OVER AND INTRODUCE YOURSELF- DON’T BE SHY 🙂

Hello,
    I am new to the forum. My name is Jamie and I am a Phase A certified KM instructor at Krav Maga Nantucket.

mara-jade

Welcome Jamie :wav:. Great seeing more instructors come out and post thumbsup

stevetuna

Jamie, why are you always whupping up on poor ol’ Steve?

Inquiring minds want to know…

j-r-cook

quote stevetuna:

Jamie, why are you always whupping up on poor ol’ Steve?

Inquiring minds want to know…

Because I am afraid of you.

aldub

Greetings all. Al from Dublin Ireland, new to the forum and new to the system.

mara-jade

quote Aldub:

Greetings all. Al from Dublin Ireland, new to the forum and new to the system.

Welcome Aboard Al!! Another newbie – cool :D. Please make yourself at home. I’ve recently started back myself after hubby and I being gone awhle.

If you’ve got questions, please feel free to ask. I warn ya though. KM will rear up pain in places you didn’t know there WOULD be

li-kraver

quote mara_jade:

KM will rear up pain in places you didn’t know there WOULD be

Tell me about it. I’ve been training at KMLI in Hicksville for about 5 months and I still get sore in places I didn’t know I had.

mara-jade

thumbsup

quote LI Kraver:

Tell me about it. I’ve been training at KMLI in Hicksville for about 5 months and I still get sore in places I didn’t know I had.

Hey, another newbie! Sorry if I missed you earlier. Y”all are coming out of the woodwork – cool and welcome:D

Hubby and I got back into training Monday night – Cardio Kettlebell. OMG you wanna talk a whoopingrazz. Tweaked my back dangit and the weight wasn’t even what I used to use. Geez, tallk about out of shape but that’s ok. Gotta start someplacethumbsup

marz

Wow, I’ve been logging in and viewing the instructor info but some how skipped the forum. Well a bit of an intro, I am in the USAF, currently a HAZMAT instructor. Just got certified as a Krav Maga L.E. and Military instructor in Sept. Been teaching my fellow troops and it’s going great. Looking to branch out to the S.A. area and get certified to teach the civilian aspect of Krav Maga.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 567 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: