Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Commando Krav Maga / CKM / Moni Aizik

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 309 total)
  • Author

Re: Commando Krav Maga / CKM / Moni Aizik

Hi everyone,

I am currently studying CKM I have found it to be quite fluid and it seems a very logical system. But from what you all have posted I feel that its credibility is quite low and it appears that it’s a rip off of the normal krav Maga.

Would I be better off trying to find an alternative centre that isn’t affiliated with Moni Aizik.

From what I have heard part of the stage 1 examination is answering questions on the origins of CKM and its “creator”. But from the information on the net alot of this seems to be lip service and poetic licence. Is there any point in learning about something which appears to be fictional?

I would appreciate your feedback, many thanks.

jesse

Personal feeling: I would have a very hard time dealing with or learning anything from someone who I did not trust. I had two years working at a resteraunt under a boss I couldn’t trust for anything…even to not cut my hours on my paycheck from what I’d actually worked. There’s no way that I would want to return to a situation like that. I want to work with people with demonstratable credibility and reality.

jl

Shrek

I was a CKM Instructor a couple of years back. No longer in CKM due to my own research of the true facts on CKM and it’s origins. Moni Aizik has taken more then “Poetic License”.
    He has flat out lied about his background, and expanded the truth on who and what he has trained in. I couldn’t and wouldn’t continue to train with someone who has no integrity or honor. When someone says they were at war and in a battle with the enemy, they deserve respect. But when someone lies about being in a battle or even having served in a combat capacity, it tarnishes the memory of those that gave all. IMHO he (Moni) did nothing less than piss on the graves of the brave soldiers that actually did serve in combat, and layed it all on the line. He is a disgrace to the Martial Arts community as a whole. He is also a disgrace to every IDF soldier that went to battle to give him the very freedom he enjoys now.

As far as the cirriculum, most of the Ju Jitsu and Judo techniques are fairly sound. But as for the combatives and striking he once again has poached those moves from other Instructors (including me) and systems, then called them his own. The rhino defense was not something he even new about until shown. Most of the combatives he couldn’t even do himself (other than knees and elbows). And Moni if you’re reading this, please have the balls to come on here and dispute my research or findings. If you don’t defend with honor and truth you are nothing as a man. A man defends his integrity and honor. you will not defend these things that are written because you cannot defend against the truth. You should be ashamed of yourself. It sickens me that more people like Shrek are out there and thinking this imposter is the real deal. I am sorry Shrek that you were duped as were many of us. When you know the truth, you will find your way back to Krav Maga. There are plenty of great trainers in the UK. maybe give Stewart McGill a call. He will set you on the right path. JL

psyops

Well,

The technical merits of the system are better left discussed by JL and others who have gone through the training. Moni is a surfer. He is riding the wave of the success of the name Krav Maga. He is better off calling his system Combat Jiu Jitsu. This would be more accurate.

vinman

quote Psyops:

Well,

The technical merits of the system are better left discussed by JL and others who have gone through the training. Moni is a surfer. He is riding the wave of the success of the name Krav Maga. He is better off calling his system Combat Jiu Jitsu. This would be more accurate.

“Commando Judo” has a better ring to it !! rofl2

Thanks for the input, I don’t doubt my instructors commitment or their motives, they are very genuine guys. But it does appear that its founder is a bit “mickey mouse”, it doesn’t reflect well on the system and as such has made me want to look elsewhere.

I will take on board what you have said and will expand my search.

Many thanks!

mjs012

i have sadly been away from training in km for too long due to circumstances beyond my control. those are rectified now. i am trying to get back at and have located a few schools that require travel and subject me to schedules that are difficult to comply with. i found a CKM place 5 minutes from my home. I was excited. So i researched and almost got sucked in. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to all of you!!! Especially morkravi. A little drive time wont hurt me. The majority of postings here were well stated factual and at times eloquently written. Moni wont get a dime of my cash. I hope he saved some of his cash for his legal bills. Can’t wait to get back at KM!

kravfish

HI everyone, I usually stay out of these discussions of who’s got the better system, or whose system sucks compared to my system etc. It kind of reminds me of the classic playground arguement of “my dad can beat up your dad”. That being said I will state the obvious by saying that Krav Maga’s origins were built upon taking the best of several styles of Martial Arts, such as Thai Boxing, Jiu Jitsu, Judo, Boxing, and so forth. One of the reasons it is so effective is that we “cherry pick” the real effective stuff and and leave the rest to the guys who want to make the cover of Karate World. If we completely dismiss others techniques and methods because we simply don’t like their politics or business sense then don’t we miss the opportunity to incorporate things that really work well? It just seems to me that if we conduct ourselves in a manner that condones isolationism we are just doing ourselves a dis-service. At the end of the day everyone is going to pick a style that works for them, be that KMWW, IKMF, or yes even CKM, as unpopular as that seems to be on this forum. For the record I study KMWW in Detroit Michigan and have the best group of instructors any guy could ever want. I however would not hesitate to explore others Martial Arts designs and continue to explore a avenue of growth rather than of bitterness. My two cents, for what it’s worth. Hey have a great day everyone, and know that I really appreciate the spirited debates on this website.

vinman

quote kravfish:

HI everyone, I usually stay out of these discussions of who’s got the better system, or whose system sucks compared to my system etc. It kind of reminds me of the classic playground arguement of “my dad can beat up your dad”. That being said I will state the obvious by saying that Krav Maga’s origins were built upon taking the best of several styles of Martial Arts, such as Thai Boxing, Jiu Jitsu, Judo, Boxing, and so forth. One of the reasons it is so effective is that we “cherry pick” the real effective stuff and and leave the rest to the guys who want to make the cover of Karate World. If we completely dismiss others techniques and methods because we simply don’t like their politics or business sense then don’t we miss the opportunity to incorporate things that really work well? It just seems to me that if we conduct ourselves in a manner that condones isolationism we are just doing ourselves a dis-service. At the end of the day everyone is going to pick a style that works for them, be that KMWW, IKMF, or yes even CKM, as unpopular as that seems to be on this forum. For the record I study KMWW in Detroit Michigan and have the best group of instructors any guy could ever want. I however would not hesitate to explore others Martial Arts designs and continue to explore a avenue of growth rather than of bitterness. My two cents, for what it’s worth. Hey have a great day everyone, and know that I really appreciate the spirited debates on this website.

I agree with you, but let me just state (before everyone else chimes in) that no one likes being lied to….period !!

Nothing like putting faith (and money) into something to find out later that its predicated on lies

jl

It is the integity of the Chief Instructor, that is at issue here. Secondary is the techniques, in which Moni Aizik claims to be his discovery. IMHO The system is predicated on half truths, false claims, and and a ‘make it up as we go’ philosophy. The CKM followers are told this is the evolution of CKM. From experience I know that many of the techniques now introduced in Level 1 were not in the syllabus as little as weeks ago. Again those of you that have no problem following this guy, knowing that those that were there not only disbute his claims, but are actively going after this guy, and are disproving his claims, go for it. But don’t whine when the house of cards comes down around you. Once again, I invite any of those in CKM especially Moni to come on here and defend what they believe in. If not, tell your Instructors the true unmitigated facts of where you come from, who you really are, and that your system is based on your knowledge of Judo and Ju Jitsu, not Krav Maga. Then and only then, in my opinion, will you start to rebuild your integrity, humanity, and the truth as it is!

morkravi

some more great converstion on moni aizik and krav maga in the IDF here:

http://hockscombatforum.com/index.php/topic,4217.0.html

psyops

I tried to stay down but I couldn’t.

Take a look at this link: http://www.realfighting.com/content.php?id=109

Read through this thoroughly. Pay close attention to Moni’s responses. He of course told the same story about working with Imi. Yet the lies are apparent to anyone with any degree of intelligence. What I find interesting is that there is no mention of “Commando Krav Maga”. That’s because he had not changed the name of his system at the time of his interview. He has repeatedly told people that he has always called his system Krav Maga another lie err…. exageration!

Pathetic

morkravi

this was one of his very first interviews.

there is no mention of ‘commando krav maga’ because his system was still called, as it always has been since he started teaching back in the 70’s, combat survival.

he claims here that he was assigned to work with Imi from 1973 to 1974.
    in some other articles, i’m trying to find them, he claims Imi came out of retirement in 1974 to work with him on this “assignment:.

in that article he says they worked together for 1 year. His story a few months ago changed, when we started exposing him, to “I worked with Imi for 6 months”, and today, as he realizes that not everyone out there is a fool as he hoped so his scam could work, his story is “I met Imi a few times and we discussed krav maga.”

in the article he says:

RF: What did each of you bring to the table?

Moni: “Well, Imi’s background was in wrestling and boxing. My background was in judo and jujitsu; I also had real combat experience and understood what techniques could potentially work better in a life and death situation.”

Moni Aizik, the ultimate scammer, has the nerve to try to make it look like he had ANY combat experience when he wasn’t even a combat soldier in the army, he was just a fitness instructor and never even carried a gun, and that Imi had no combat experience. Imi’s real life experience started when he was a teenager fighting in the streets protecting jewish people, then in world war 2 in czech army fighting the nazis, then in israel from 1944 to 1948 in the underground jewish defense organization fighting arabs untill israel became a state.

relli-kant

“Moni is also an accomplished pianist and has played the classics and contemporary music for 12 years now. In addition he is also an artist painting in oils and a skillful chess player.”

Anyone know if THAT is true? :Unsure: :):

gadfly

There’s no piano in his house apparently so that’s probably an exaggeration – at least. Maybe he plays a great chopsticks. He does paint by all accounts, a great fan of the Mis-Impressionists.

Unfortunately he had to give up the chess after all his pieces were surrounded and ambushed by a much greater force. Only 4 survived, none of them are able to talk about the mission they were on or name their unit; he hooked up with Bobby Fisher sometime in the 1970s to devise a new form of chess strategy. This has now been cleared for non-military use and a DVD box-set and Instructor Programme will soon be released.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 309 total)
  • The topic ‘Commando Krav Maga / CKM / Moni Aizik’ is closed to new replies.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: