Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Commando Krav Maga / CKM / Moni Aizik

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 309 total)
  • Author
    vinman

Re: CKM / Moni

all I know is that if anyone asked Itay Gil or Mike Kanarek to produce their papers showing that they were in the Israeli Special Forces, I’m sure neither would have a problem doing so

FWIW, Jim Wagner (sp?) in Black Belt Magazine has, on numerous occasions, stated that Moni had survived the ambush, refined the system with Imi, blah, blah, blah. That’s another reason why I don’t read that particular mag anymore, not enough fact checking.

psyops

Yeah,

Wagner was involved with the usadojo.com thing too. So take that for what it’s worth. He did say that he has seen Darren teach and he thought that Darren was a very good instructor.

This whole thing is sad though. I mean this guy (Moni) was railing against Darren for his business practices and come to find out that Moni is a liar. What a hypocrite!

alx

Again, some of his claims repeated. Click here.

Wonder how long ’til it’s gone….

Alex

gadfly

quote somersetkravmaga:

Hi Guys.

I understood Moni had retracted some of his claims in a statement. I dont know if it was sent to CKM instructors but I heard from a former CKM instructor that Moni lost all credibility and the Dutch contingent left as did senior CKM figures in the UK.

Anyone know what he said ?

I understood it was something on the lines of he met Imi (not co-founded the krav system) and had trained members of the special forces (i.e people who were/are in the special forces). Seemed to be retracting his special forces claim.

Any one else know more ?

to reply to your question, the Aussie CKM forum quotes the statement as reading:

2. I was a member of an elite commando unit in the IDF.
    3. I fought in the Yom Kippur War.
    4. After the War I met with Imi Lichtenfeld, the founder of Krav Maga, and Eli Avigzar, one of his top students/instructors at that time.
    5. I respect Imi Lichtenfeld for his innovation of the original Krav Maga System. I tested many of KM’s concepts and techniques under stressful situations with non-cooperative attackers and found that I had to create new concepts and techniques. Thus, CKM was born.

Apparently he then went on to claim that the system was taught to elite commando members; not units, members. I understand that the implicit dilution of the original claims and the failure to name the elite unit in which he served did lead some CKM people to question their continued involvement.

unstpabl1

Found the online magazine that I mentioned with an article on Moni stating that he cocreated krav with imi. Unfortunately they revamped the site and none of the old interviews are available. Thats really disappointing as there were great interviews in it. But convienent for CKM. It was on http://www.realfighting.com

Moni may be a great instructor teaching a great system. But integrity is also something I look for in an instructor. Look how many politicians end up getting outted for fake war medals or Special Forces claims . now maybe in self promotion he simply got carried away. Either shows low selfesteem covered by ego or greed. Everyone makes mistakes

if you like the training your getting from him and find value in it, well then you’ve found a good system for you. Train it hard.

Look we know the claims that were made and how quickly they disappeared from CKM websites. Its been a few years discussing this and the net print of those claims are disappearing. Maybe he got the point. Either way at this point, we’re :Deadhorse:

:beer:

alx

quote unstpabl1:

Found the online magazine that I mentioned with an article on Moni stating that he cocreated krav with imi. Unfortunately they revamped the site and none of the old interviews are available. Thats really disappointing as there were great interviews in it. But convienent for CKM. It was on http://www.realfighting.com

I posted a link above…. is that the article?

A lot of the claims are repeated. He said he improved Krav Maga, “his” curriculum is taught at Wingate to elite units etc.

Alex

unstpabl1

quote ALX:

I posted a link above…. is that the article?

A lot of the claims are repeated. He said he improved Krav Maga, “his” curriculum is taught at Wingate to elite units etc.

Alex

So why am I wasting my time looking for an article you already posted:banghead:

Sorry was in a hurry and didn’t have time to check your post. thats a great find at this point. So much of Moni’s early claims have disappeared in the last few years. Its good to have it here. As I said could be a great system, great instructor but he did exaggerate credentials

alx

;):

The only thing he does not repeat in the article is the “co-creation”… but he comes pretty close…

unstpabl1

quote ALX:

;):

The only thing he does not repeat in the article is the “co-creation”… but he comes pretty close…

Their collaboration became the standard is how it was stated. But the cocreator use to be on the front of all his advertising. hey he might not have retracted it, but at least he’s not making the claim in advertising anymore. Its cool you found that because so much has disappeared. People think that some of us made things up to disparage a man for gain. I’ve never met Moni. I have no axe to grind nor agenda. just know what I’ve seen promoted by him as I was researching krav over the years.

michael

I have zero use for an instructor who lies and does not have integrity, I don’t care how skilled he is. Some things are more important to me, and integrity is one of them.

morkravi

For those interested in some further facts about Mr. Moni Aizik:

1) Moni claims: “I was a member of an elite commando unit in the Israeli Special Forces.”

Moni Aizik was not drafted as and did not even serve as a combat soldier in the IDF. He was classified as a gifted athlete due to the fact that he was a judo champion when he was a kid. In Israel, because military service is mandatory, the government still tries balance out very carefully between a soldier giving the country his mandatory time and not having that soldier ruin his future potentials.

Gifted individuals such as highly academic individuals or athletes, are exempt from combat service in the IDF.

Moni Aizik was drafted and served his short service in the IDF as a physical fitness instructor. He was in fact assigned to one of the special units as their physical fitness instructor. By no means does this qualify him to state “I was a member of an elite commando unit.”

Back then, as it still is today, the IDF has a separate physical fitness division. Instructors are absorbed into that division after completing 1 month of basic training (as opposed to the full 3 months for combat soldiers), and are then assigned to specific units to carry out their functions of physical fitness.

The true and accurate statement Moni needs to make in his advertising is: “I was a physical fitness instructor in the army assigned to one of the elite commando units”. And again, he dealt ONLY with physical fitness he had nothing to do with krav maga.

The photos on his website also solidify this fact. Under his photo gallery section he has 20 photos. 5 of them are black and whites actually of him during his service time. 4 out of those are the only ones that depict his environment of service, which is physical fitness.

there is one where he is having a tug of war, this is from ‘yom sport’ (sport day) which takes place every year where unit recruits compete against other recruits. The physical fitness instructors have their own team that they compete against the recruits.

Then there are 2 of him in a helemet, battle vest, and rifle on his back, in one he is running and in the other he is crossing the parallel bars. This is the ‘bochan maslul’, it is an obstacle course every soldier goes through many times through out their training. The physical fitness instructors run through it many times as well.

Then he has a colour photo of him sitting down on the ground in uniform. This photo is a classic example of how anyone who knows facts can easily pick out inconsistencies with claims. In this photos Moni is wearing his green IDF uniform, with a white shirt underneath.

There only 2 issued colours that may be worn under the uniform, white and green. Green is for combat soldiers only. White is for jobniks, or non combat soldiers, they are not allowed to wear green under their uniform. The physical fitness division is a non combat division.

The rest of the photos in the gallery are photos he copied and pasted from http://www.isayeret.com, an official web site of the IDF SF units. They are photos of Yamam operatives in training which in every single one of them you can’t see the operative’s face due to the fact that they are wearing masks and helmets.

Those photos are clearly there for the sole purpose of Moni trying to cause an insinuation that he was in the SF. They don’t relate to him, his service, or even the task he held during his service.

This fact also solidifies the fact that Moni was never involved in any war or ambush. He was never a combat soldier so never took part in any wars.

2) He claims to have been Yael Arad’s (the Israeli Barcelona Olympics judo silver medalist) Judo coach.

This came as a shock to me when I learned it because I never doubted Moni’s credibility in the Judo circle, but at the same time I wasn’t shocked because after all it is Moni.

Moni Aizik was Yael Arad’s judo coach, when she was a little kid. She branched away from him long before she even started competing and began learning under a new coach who was the one that took her to the Olympics. This is also verifiable through the Israeli Judo Association.

jl

morkravi,
    Thank you for posting these facts. It lets those that have not researched this guy(Moni?) if that is really his given name, in on some very disturbing facts!!

There is another fact I’d like to add. He is under extreme pressure from the BBB (Better Business Bureau) in Greater Midwestern Ontario. There are many outstanding complaints as to Moni and his CKM claims and breach of contract (this was told to me by a compliance officer in the BBB).

As it has been stated here before, as long as you’re happy in your training, and you don’t mind learning from a person who likes to stretch the truth to it vary limits (i.e. lie) go ahead and continue. I for one would not, and could not learn from someone who has at best, questionable ethics and integrity. I wish we all had better news for those that have spent their time and money with this guy! But it is what it is…….let’s move on! JL

Hi.

Interesting Moni Article here or should I say the alternative CKM History http://www.krav-maga-bristol.org.uk/commando.html

jl

Well Done Paul

Maybe now the people in CKM can see the light. It still saddens me that this pretender is making money off of some unsuspecting soul that just wants a good system to teach or train in. All I would say to any of them is to do your research BEFORE spending any of their hard earned money! Stay in the Krav Maga community that has a track record. No matter the past differences between organizations, (IKMA, IKMF, KMWW) they all seem to agree that this guy is a sham. IMHO, he has pissed on the graves of all of those that lost their lives trying to protect a way of life, their country, and their vary existance! It just shows the lack of integrity from a person who relatively just doesn’t give a ****! As long as people are willing to follow like Lemings he will be more than happy to lead them off the cliff. I for one am glad that we have Instructor in ouor KM community that are the real deal, (Nir M. David K., Darren L., Ayal Y., Itay G., Haim G.) Now let us all go back to training in real Krav Maga, and not waist any more time on this puke! JL

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 309 total)
  • The topic ‘Commando Krav Maga / CKM / Moni Aizik’ is closed to new replies.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: