Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Commando Krav Maga / CKM / Moni Aizik

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 309 total)
  • Author
    sonnenfeld

Re: CKM / Moni

morkravi,

Once I have asked the head of KM program in the IDF about Moni Aizik’s credentials. He did not say anything bad, except he has never heard this name. When I told him Mr Aizik claimed all theses nonsense, he said, he has never Moni Aizik’s name, although he was responsible for Military KM program for IDF for 20 years.

So, many of us knows the truth for years. But…Moni’s operation started to grow as a snowball. Nobody beleived in Israel, you he could sell himself with such huge lies, so mainly nobody even cared about his operation.

One of the first warning sign was, when he was portrayed in Human Weapon as top KM expert from Israel.

There are many great KM instructors,m with great credit. Eyal, Haim Zut, Haim Gidon. They are all from the original association, and picking any of them basically the matter of taste. And then, here come Moni Aizik, who is a nobody in KM, even my beginner students know more about KM, then this liar.

I heard many things from Israel about his credentials, more than interesting.

Honestly, that is disturbing.

ryan

I normally refrain from this stuff, and while “guilty by association” has it’s faults, birds of a feather do tend to flock together. These guys were both introduced to the mainstream and Black Belt in particular, by Jim Wagner. It’s no wonder that they use the same marketing strategies:

http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies384.htm

jl

Psyops and Ryan, Thank you for your posts.

One thing the readers of this forum should note is that these guys spend thousands of dollars in advertising money with Black Belt and Budo Magazines. The articles art written by students of Moni and by Wagoner himself (talk about self promotion). I have a friend that called the magazine to tell them of this particular situation. They said that they had been getting many calls of this type and would look into it. We called back and talked with the editor of the magazine, and he said that while the facts are not substatiated by the magazine, he readily admits that with the kind of advertising dollars these guys spend he wouldn’t dispute that some or all of the claims could be false. Then I said,” So in other words, as long as they spend that kind of money, it really doesn’t matter to the magazine if the claims are false or not.” He responded by saying if it sells magazines it really doesn’t matter. His words not mine. The best way for us to keep this bunch of pretenders from profitting off of us, is to not buy into these magazines. I for one wish we had a Krav Maga magazine in which we could then use to dispute these dishonest, profit mongers!

morkravi

sonnenfeld,

quote :

Once I have asked the head of KM program in the IDF about Moni Aizik’s credentials. He did not say anything bad, except he has never heard this name. When I told him Mr Aizik claimed all theses nonsense, he said, he has never Moni Aizik’s name, although he was responsible for Military KM program for IDF for 20 years.

-are you referring to Shachar?

Also,

quote :

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    One of the first warning sign was, when he was portrayed in Human Weapon as top KM expert from Israel.
    [COLOR=#444444][FONT=Verdana]

-that’s why television is so dangerous! People automatically assume that you get on tv only though official channels.

Here’s how Moni ended up on the Human Weapon:

KMWW was suing Moni for using the name krav maga, Moni was trying hard to get as much support as he could for court. the main support he was trying to get was to get top known Israelis in the field of krav maga to write him official statements that the term krav maga is a generic name.

He flew to Israel, and one of the those top Israelis he contacted was Itay Gil (http://www.protect-usa.com). Itay served many years in the Israeli special forces and in the Yamam as a fighter and counter-terror instructor.

He went to Itay’s club in Jerusalem. Up to this point Itay had never heard the name Moni Aizik. Moni sat down with Itay, introduced himself and explained the story to him. Naturally, his introduction to Itay was very short and did not contain ANY of the details he advertises….he did not mention that he was a former commando who re-vamped krav maga for the IDF, cause he knew that Itay would be able to check that information out with no problem, and of course, he did not mention that he travels to Israel once a month to train the Special units of the IDF and the Yamam in CKM….Itay is still involved with the Yamam and trains the IDF’s special units every year at the counter-terror school during his reserve duty, so he would have also found out the truth with one phone call.

At the end of the conversation, Itay declined to help Moni with his legal problem.

Several months later, the History Channel contacted Itay Gil about the new show they were putting together called the Human weapon. They contacted Itay, because he has been working as a consultant for them for a long time. They asked him if he can arrange 5 to 6 Israeli martial arts instructors for the show. They wanted several instructors to show some unique variety. As well as independent instructors, they also asked him to arrange something in the IDF as well for the show.

So, for the army portion, he arranged a day for them to come to the counter-terror school to film, it’s very easy to make the distinction in the show of when they were with private instructors and when they were at the CT school.

For the 5 to 6 instructors, Itay gave them a long list of many Israeli martial arts instructors he knew, or knew of. That list included Eyal Yanilov, Dennis Hanover, and…Moni Aizik. Itay at this time still didn’t know much about Moni and had no reason to believe that Moni was deceiving the public with fraudulent claims, so he took Moni at face value and included him on the list.

Moni ended up being one of the instructors they contacted. The IDF had absolutely nothing to do with Moni getting on that show. The only thing the IDF knew about that show was their own involvement through the CT school.

After the show aired…..many people contacted Itay to enquire about who Moni Aizik was and about his claims revolving his training the IDF sf units and the Yamam…..so Itay investigated…..and let’s just say, to be diplomatic about the situation, if he knew then what he does today about Moni Aizik….Moni would have never appeared on the Human Weapon.

JL,

quote :

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    The best way for us to keep this bunch of pretenders from profitting off of us, is to not buy into these magazines
    [COLOR=#444444][FONT=Verdana]

About a year and a half ago a Captain in the Israeli Special Forces, a friend of mine and one of the 3 main guys that began to publicly spearhead the truth campaign against Moni Aizik along with Sergeant Major Nir, contacted Black Belt magazine to inform them of the fact that they are advertising fraudulent claims in their ads and that they need to be more responsible and ask writers and advertisers for proof of what they claim before publishing. Of course Black belt never responded to his letter.

It’s ironic, Black Belt magazine is a magazine about martial arts for martial artists. Martial arts are about truth, integrity, honesty, and defending the weak. Black Belt magazine knows very well that several of their advertisers are frauds and yet, as they state, as long as it makes them money, they don’t care. The public trusts Black belt magazine and they have a responsibility to the public, to ensure that that public isn’t being defrauded via their publication.

When, not if, but when a class action lawsuit is brought against Moni Aizik and Jim Wagner, Black belt magazine deserves to also be named in that suit for their part in allowing the public to be defrauded by ignoring concerns from officials and the public about these false advertisements.

Y.

sonnenfeld

yes, I am talking about Sachar. Correct.

sonnenfeld

I had the opportunity to meet with Jim Wagner twice – not proud of it – , who is mainly “responsible” for the Moni Aizik project.

He was either misled, or was part of the whole lie, who knows now? I can guess, though.

Anyway, he told me that he is about to shoot a movie – projected to publish in 2006 – to reveal the truth about the israeli martial arts. Never published, but published many articles. If he knew, he was advertising a lie, shame on him…

Btw, my LAPD friends checked JM credits, well…not so sparkling.

jl

Morkravi

I believe you to be correct in your assumption that a Class Action Lawsuit is on its way. I am contacting all of the past (which are high in number) CKM Instructors to make sure they let their side be heard. They are angry and a little embarassed. But not so embarassed as to let this stuff continue. We will be asking the court to force “Phoney” Moni Aizik into giving back all monies charged for a pretend system, including but not limited to all associated costs (i.e. Course costs, plane fare, etc.)

I do however have a prediction. I believe, Moni and his cronies will abandon CKM and go back to physical training type stuff. He put out a Combat Training DVD that looks incredibly similar to the training drills one of his upper level instructors was teaching years ago. It just shows that he will poach ideas or techniques from any source he can. Even from his own people. He’s kinda like a parent who is willing to eat her young. Not a guy to do business with. His final legacy will be that he is a liar, a cheat, and lives his life without an ounce of integrity or honor. JL

vinman

I just watched the Weaponology special on Krav Maga (or should I say Commando Krav Maga), and with all I know now, I’m sick to my stomach………:thunbsdown:

psyops

I found some more of Wagner’s bull****….. Check this out!

You will find the entire article here: http://www.usadojo.com/articles/krav-maga-not-alone.htm

“Because my military and law enforcement training and experience extends back two decades I understand each term equally, and they all mean the same thing to me. To somebody just now getting into the military they will probably not use the term “Line Training,” because it was slightly before their time. If you get down to it, you could split hairs and say that “Line Training” is more Marine oriented, and “Combatives” is originally from the Army, but the differences will be negligible. The same holds true for the terms KAPAP and Krav Maga in the early days (prior to the 1970s). ”

“During the 1973 Yom Kippur War (the Egyptian and Syrian invasion of Israel), an Israeli combat commander, Second Lieutenant Moni Isaac, lost most of his platoon during a Syrian ambush in the Golan Heights. Only seven men out of 64 survived. Lt. Isaac had to be reassigned to another unit. Instead of sending him to another combat unit, the army saw the need to develop a program to teach their soldiers to be better prepared for hand-to-hand combat, and decided on making Moni Isaac a training instructor because of his judo and ju jitsu background (by 18 years old Moni Isaac had won 7 Israeli championships). Imi Lichtenfeld (approximately 50 years old at the time) and Moni Isaac (a mere 20 years old) were placed together to come up with a basic hand-to-hand combat program. Imi Lictenfeld was teaching at the Wingate Institute for the IDF, but lacked combat experience. Moni Isaac had the combat experience and the martial arts background. ”

And the bull**** continues……

“When the curriculum was finalized the two men pondered on what to call the new military system. Imi Lichtenfeld wanted to call it Krav Maga. Moni Isaac wanted to call it KAPAP. They were both adamant about sticking with each name, but finally came to an agreement. As Moni Isaac told me in an interview, “Imi wanted it (the name) simpler and wanted the name Krav Maga. From that moment on Krav Maga was for the general army, and KAPAP was for Special Forces.” Once the name was decided upon Krav Maga would be the official label for the basic hand-to-hand combat system that new recruits would learn, along with follow-on training, and KAPAP would be synonymous with SF training. Imi Lichtenfeld is ultimately credited for the creation of modern Krav Maga because of his senior status at the time, and because he was the first official chief instructor of Krav Maga for Bahad 8. Moni Isaac was more than happy to stay out of the limelight, for as one of his students, Joel Gerson put it, “Moni is intensly private.”

Moni is intensely private? This guy is joke! Yeah private people go around lying about their past and stealing credit for other peoples work! ROFLMFAO!!!

Oh yeah USADOJO is based in Carson City, Nevada. So it’s probably a Nevada Corporation. I will look into this more in depth in the coming days. I will post the results right here. Also I have placed an inquiry both in writing and verbally with Jim Wagner’s office. I will see if this so called NCO will pick up the phone and have a conversation with me. My contacts in the Army have assured me that there is more to the story about his 8 month active duty tour.

I spent 8 years as a Reservist in the Army. I was in administrative affairs for the first 2 years of my service. So I am quite familiar with the typical 201 file for an enlisted soldier as I was an appointed auditor of these files. So I smell some fishy stuff going on with his claims but I will reserve judgement until I can speak with the man directly.

As it turns out one of my former NCO’s attended a course with Wagner. I believe it was a PLDC course. So I am collecting as much info as I can about Mr. Wagner.

Oh yeah one more little thing to digest. My research has uncovered an interesting fact. USADOJO has a board of advisors. Many different “masters” from many different styles sit on this board. Guess who sits as the “advisor for Israeli Martial Arts”? Moni Aizik and Chaim Peer.

But wait there’s more…. Jim Wagner sits as the advisor for reality based self defense systems….. So the plot thickens……

vinman

sounds to me like this could be a headline story on an episode of Inside Edition

kevin-mack

Imi spoke zero english huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmTCbfFq5BA

At least they’re consistent with their fact checking……:rolleyes:

sonnenfeld

morkravi,

Thanks, I heard the second half of the story, the first half is new even to me…so thanks.

sonnenfeld

Psyops,

First of all, yes there are many people with high level diploma from Imi, who got this with a trick, when Imi was in his late years. But, lets discuss this, when we all gonna around our 80th years. If anybody used him this way, again, shame on him.

I dont think though the big names are like that, no matter which federation we talk about. ( KMWW, IKMA, IKMF…etc) If anybody questioning Darren’s background, fine, but he also has a signed document from Eyal, hanging on the wall in LA. Expert 6. Period.

(If there is anything why I have not so much respect for Darren, is the fact he filed legal case against his own master. That is – by my standard – is something a true martial artist would never do. But again, I dont wanna lead the conversation this direction, and I also accept the fact, many think different way.)

What I see shame and even more, dangerous for the KM community, so bastards are using the name, not even anyobody slapped them on the face.

Back to Moni. So seems, none of these men are teaching basically the system, what they advertised, none of them has the credit to say what they say, and based on lies they are advertising/selling a product what is a cheat, based on what they claim. Hm…

psyops

Sonnenfeld,

Your point is well taken. The fact of the matter is that the lawsuit did cause ill feelings and people are taking liberties and suggesting that Darren tricked Imi. Of course this is bull****. But it is happening.

Darren suing Eyal is curious. I am not at all aware of the facts surrounding the decision and Darren certainly does not have to explain anything to me. However I did ask Eyal about this at dinner once and I sense that Eyal was deeply hurt by this action. It also cost Eyal a great amount of money but that seemed to pale in comparison to the pain Eyal showed.

I would not say that I have lost respect for Darren though. I have never spoken to him regarding this issue. But strategically it was a poor move in my opinion. KMWW and IKMF would be the strongest Krav Maga organization in the world if the two could come together! The other organizations would simply not be able to dispute the dominance of an alligned KMWW/IKMF…. Darren does not need Eyal to be succesful. Eyal does not need Darren to be succesful. However teamwork between them would make mega-success all but certain!

By the way…. as recently as one year ago steps to that end were being made and the deal could not be brokered. I am not going to mention any names but egos got in the way and according to my sources very close to the meeting, it did not go well at all. I hope that this bridge can be crossed and more importantly I hope that Darren and Eyal can patch things up as men, as teacher/student, as friends and as brothers. We can only hope for this to happen

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 309 total)
  • The topic ‘Commando Krav Maga / CKM / Moni Aizik’ is closed to new replies.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: